Vinegar!

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vinegar!

I used the white wine vinegar from Mercadona for descaling the patio where upstairs gargoyle drips on it. Cheaper than the proprietary stuff and at least I can't mix it up with my vodka.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

I hear it's good for clearing drains and neutralizing weaver fish stings...
Old Feb 4th 2012, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carol&John
At home I sometimes use a bottle of Sainsbury's basics vinegar to clean the inside of the washing machine - pour into the empty drum and set a wash cycle. It leaves the drum sparkling and gets rid of any limescale / soap / fabric conditioner residue.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 2:42 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Ahah...stings, that reminded me ! Also good for wasp stings, years ago when our son was about 5 he decided to catch wasps that were around a pop can. He screamed and I turned to him wondering why his fist was clenched, prised it open to find 5 dead squished wasps ! A lady from the cafe ran out and poured vinegar into a bowl and we held his hand in it. He was fine - forgot all about that until reading the uses for vinegar here.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:07 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Ahah...stings, that reminded me ! Also good for wasp stings, years ago when our son was about 5 he decided to catch wasps that were around a pop can. He screamed and I turned to him wondering why his fist was clenched, prised it open to find 5 dead squished wasps ! A lady from the cafe ran out and poured vinegar into a bowl and we held his hand in it. He was fine - forgot all about that until reading the uses for vinegar here.
I am now the proud owner of two bottles from Mercadonna! Thanks for the information on this thread.

It is ONLY for cleaning etc, as it says its not for human consumption... unlike the white vinegars we get elsewhere.

Thanks
Jon
Old Feb 11th 2012, 9:17 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I am now the proud owner of two bottles from Mercadonna! Thanks for the information on this thread.

It is ONLY for cleaning etc, as it says its not for human consumption... unlike the white vinegars we get elsewhere.

Thanks
Jon
Went to Apollonia s/market in Almancil yesterday. As well as seeing 3 Porsches and loads of flash cars in the parking, I also finally found the vinegar Ive been looking for.

This can also be used for culinary purposes - unlike the Mercadonna one. So is exactly what I was asking for.

Thanks for all the feedback and help... and if you hear a rumour that 'jon-bxl uses cleaning vinegar for his cooking' - s/he who started that rumour - is being naughty!'

Thanks
Jon
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help myself really but I'm tempted to rename you as "Juan En Escabeche" which ties in nicely with Jon en esca B X L eche.
Gotcha!
Over and out.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 8:20 pm
BE Positive

Can't help myself really but I'm tempted to rename you as "Juan En Escabeche" which ties in nicely with Jon en esca B X L eche.
Gotcha!
Over and out.
Very clever! I wish I had your 'smarts' Carol - I'm 'got!' (That was 'wicked')

See you soon

Jon
Old May 14th 2012, 3:26 am
Just Joined

scott4836 is an unknown quantity at this point

Vinegar is an interesting feature in itself already. If you use it properly.
Old May 14th 2012, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Amoniaco perfumado seems to be a household cleaner around here aswell.very cheap and smells nice.