Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Weeping Water Deposito Help

Weeping Water Deposito Help

Old May 14th 2012, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Fracman has a spectacular aura aboutFracman has a spectacular aura aboutFracman has a spectacular aura about
Default Weeping Water Deposito Help

This question is mainly directed to fellow BE's members that live in the campo and depend on a screeded block built water deposito for storing the domestic water due to intermitent mains water supply.

Mine has a capacity of some 60 cubic metre's, and was built some 10 years ago, it has always weeped but this year weeps are growing into serious leaks, I have already screeded the inside with 2 coats of Capopina but its stills leaks, has anybody had a similiar experience and what did they coat the inside with that is non toxic to cure the leaks.

Would appreciate any advise or tips.

Thanks in advance.
Ken
Old May 14th 2012, 5:07 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weeping Water Deposito Help

Originally Posted by Fracman
This question is mainly directed to fellow BE's members that live in the campo and depend on a screeded block built water deposito for storing the domestic water due to intermitent mains water supply.

Mine has a capacity of some 60 cubic metre's, and was built some 10 years ago, it has always weeped but this year weeps are growing into serious leaks, I have already screeded the inside with 2 coats of Capopina but its stills leaks, has anybody had a similiar experience and what did they coat the inside with that is non toxic to cure the leaks.

Would appreciate any advise or tips.

Thanks in advance.
Ken

You should use one of the SIKA products. One goes in the mortar when you screed the inside. Then, for double measures, you could use SIKA top-coat on top of that. These are both guaranteed waterproof.

Last edited by snikpoh; May 14th 2012 at 5:31 pm.
Old May 14th 2012, 5:25 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
You should use one of the SIKA products. One goes in the mortar when you screed the inside. The, for double measures, you could use SIKA top-coat on top of that. These are both guaranteed waterproof.
Yes - and I would put a good thick coat of a latex based product on first - before you start to render - belt and braces.
Old May 14th 2012, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Fracman has a spectacular aura aboutFracman has a spectacular aura aboutFracman has a spectacular aura about

Thank you both for your prompt and helpfull replies, I shall do some further research on finding a suitable product that hopefully is in and around Malaga, by chance, regarding the "Latex based paint" idea, do you know what the manufactures company name is ?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Ken
Old May 14th 2012, 7:09 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fracman
Thank you both for your prompt and helpfull replies, I shall do some further research on finding a suitable product that hopefully is in and around Malaga, by chance, regarding the "Latex based paint" idea, do you know what the manufactures company name is ?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Ken
No - it's not really paint, it's sort of gloopy clear stuff - you can slap it on really thick and start to render while it's still wet. I would have thought Leroy Merlin would have it but I don't know what it's called...
Old May 14th 2012, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

The paint people on the poligono nearest Colmenar (name escapes me right now) do a very good tile paint so although that itself isn't relevant means they may (probably do) know the kind of product you want as long as you don't get into being persuaded to buy theirs even though something else might be better!!!

of course theirs may be perfect. It certainly is for tiles
Old May 14th 2012, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks again for the replies, shall try both Leroy's and Colmenar Poligino.

Regards
Ken