VAN FROM SPAIN

Old May 30th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Default VAN FROM SPAIN

Hi Everybody, Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a van from a company in the Sth Costa Blanca / Colida region, drive to Manchester, load and return? any advice welcomed. Vox
Old May 30th 2007, 9:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAN FROM SPAIN

Originally Posted by vox populia
Hi Everybody, Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a van from a company in the Sth Costa Blanca / Colida region, drive to Manchester, load and return? any advice welcomed. Vox

Well theres a one way van hire company in Free Beer, and one can only assume that the one way works from Spain to the UK also and also as a round trip.
Old May 30th 2007, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Reme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well theres a one way van hire company in Free Beer, and one can only assume that the one way works from Spain to the UK also and also as a round trip.
I looked for one to hire in UK and drive to Spain and leave there with the hire company but didnt find one. Apart from the obvious answers about the tasty beverage... what is 'Free Beer' when you are talking about Van Hire?

Thanks

By the way... hell of a drive, but we made it from London to Alicante in 26 hours with one driving and one sleeping, which included the ferry from Dover to Dunquerque. In a transit van... but make sure you can recline the seats a bit... Millau bridge in France is very pretty. Actually... we enjoyed driving through france the best. They are great drivers and the motorways are a breeze. All that stuff about how rude the french are seemed to be just british propaganda. We enjoyed every moment.The way back always seems longer.
Old May 30th 2007, 10:10 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reme
I looked for one to hire in UK and drive to Spain and leave there with the hire company but didnt find one. Apart from the obvious answers about the tasty beverage... what is 'Free Beer' when you are talking about Van Hire?

Thanks

By the way... hell of a drive, but we made it from London to Alicante in 26 hours with one driving and one sleeping, which included the ferry from Dover to Dunquerque. In a transit van... but make sure you can recline the seats a bit... Millau bridge in France is very pretty. Actually... we enjoyed driving through france the best. They are great drivers and the motorways are a breeze. All that stuff about how rude the french are seemed to be just british propaganda. We enjoyed every moment.The way back always seems longer.
I made it from the midlands to Oliva in 24
Look at the head of this section and there is a sticky called free beer, towards the bottom are the contact details for the one way hire
Old May 30th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Cheers guys for the info, I will take a sniff around de old free beer info, sauntering down through France & Spain over 2 days would be quite nice, better than working guys!! Ta Ta I'll let you know my findings. Vox.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Cracked the van concern thanks to you guys, just spoke to Jill from the comapny in spain the deal is you get your bits and pieces to Southampton in a normal hire van, swap over the goods, leave it for someone to pick it up drive the loaded van to spain, unload and drop it off North of Torrevija (spelling). £100 a day, £250 refundable deposit, Green Card & insurance in the deal! Cheers. Jill didn't know about B Ex Pats!!!
Old May 30th 2007, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Cracked the van concern thanks to you guys, just spoke to Jill from the comapny in spain the deal is you get your bits and pieces to Southampton in a normal hire van, swap over the goods, leave it for someone to pick it up drive the loaded van to spain, unload and drop it off North of Torrevija (spelling). £100 a day, £250 refundable deposit, Green Card & insurance in the deal! Cheers. Jill didn't know about B Ex Pats!!!
Hi Vox
Well I,m pleased to hear the van company is ok as I put it on the forum, but can you tell me who you hired your van from to get to Southampton ,as we are struggling a bit to find one at a reasonable price.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
Hi Vox
Well I,m pleased to hear the van company is ok as I put it on the forum, but can you tell me who you hired your van from to get to Southampton ,as we are struggling a bit to find one at a reasonable price.
Hi Sugarlugs, unfortunately I can't help as Jill was unable to pass on the number, (she couldn't remember it)! but she said if I ring her back when I am ready, which is not for a couple of months, she will find it, there won't be a problem she assured me. It is a company up north, many have used it but obviously it does'nt make her any money so she won't be remembering the number off the top of her head, but I suggest you give her a ring she was very pleasant. Vox, Thanks for that Post ,top. Some Karma.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Re: VAN FROM SPAIN

Thank you for the karma its my first one,