pregnancy

Old May 29th 2007, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

podgenlouie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pregnancy

hi i hope someone could give me some advice please.
my son and his girlfriend came to costa brava 5 weeks ago to work for the summer. they did have jobs and accommodation before they arrived.
the thing is after only 1 week of been there they discovered that they are pregnant. as i am now a bit worrid as to what they can do over there for drs and such. i hope someone can give me some advice as they are not due to come home till september.... thanks
Old May 29th 2007, 4:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pregnancy

Originally Posted by podgenlouie
hi i hope someone could give me some advice please.
my son and his girlfriend came to costa brava 5 weeks ago to work for the summer. they did have jobs and accommodation before they arrived.
the thing is after only 1 week of been there they discovered that they are pregnant. as i am now a bit worrid as to what they can do over there for drs and such. i hope someone can give me some advice as they are not due to come home till september.... thanks
Their european medical card (new E111) will cover them at the local clinics, but make sure they show the card or they will get charged as private.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Reme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really niceReme is just really nice

Hello,

The E111 card will cover all the costs and the spanish NHS is a lot better than the british (in my opinion) so you shouldn't worry at all. Congratulations on the pregnancy.

Reme
Old May 30th 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and congratulations, they could always look at the Mums in Spain web site, link in "free Beer", lots of information on there.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:51 pm
aspeangel

Hi, I'm confused I thought E111 only covered short stays in Spain (ie 2 weeks stays max in any 1 visit), have things changed now?

Old May 30th 2007, 1:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aspeangel
Hi, I'm confused I thought E111 only covered short stays in Spain (ie 2 weeks stays max in any 1 visit), have things changed now?
I am confused as well, at our local clinic you can use it with your European Health Insurance card (no such thing as a e111 now) they have a form you fill in and you put how long you are staying in Spain and you have to enter between 1 to 12 months ?