Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Rug & Upholstery cleaning

Rug & Upholstery cleaning

Old May 29th 2007, 8:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rug & Upholstery cleaning

OK ........ is this something you have thought of having done whilst over here, and if so have you found it easy to find someone to do it???

If you have had it done, care to share how much it cost you?
Old May 29th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rug & Upholstery cleaning

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
OK ........ is this something you have thought of having done whilst over here, and if so have you found it easy to find someone to do it???

the dry cleaners will do rugs and Im sure there is one in Gandia that comes and does upholstery
Old May 29th 2007, 8:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours done in UK complete waste of money, looked great for a couple of weeks then soon got worse than it was before we had it cleaned. ;-(

I did our rugs over here, put on BB King and Gary Moore music then put them on the patio, soaked them with water, put a bit of fairy liquid on and scrubbed with the pool brush, hosed em down and hung up to dry, magic, looked brand new and funny enough stayed clean.
Big Pete will be proud of me.

Last edited by jdr; May 29th 2007 at 8:32 pm.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:31 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitzy,

One of our clients bought a massive Moroccan sheepskin rug. It took 6 people to carry it into the living room when it was delivered. We found someone in the CB News that came up and cleaned it. This was 3 years ago and it cost about €80 then. He was English and used one of those heavy duty wet vacuums. Did an excellent job.

Don't remember his name, but this WAS his mobile number 649004881.

Hope he's still around, but if not check the CB News, I'm sure someone will be advertising.
Martha
Old May 29th 2007, 8:33 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I did our rugs over here, put them on the patio, soaked them with water, put a bit of fairy liquid on and scrubbed with the pool brush, hosed em down and hung up to dry, magic, looked brand new and funny enough stayed clean.
My mother refuses to pay any money for her very expensive rugs and does them herself the same exact way that you described
Old May 29th 2007, 8:33 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Mitzy,

One of our clients bought a massive Moroccan sheepskin rug. It took 6 people to carry it into the living room when it was delivered. We found someone in the CB News that came up and cleaned it. This was 3 years ago and it cost about €80 then. He was English and used one of those heavy duty wet vacuums. Did an excellent job.

Don't remember his name, but this WAS his mobile number 649004881.

Hope he's still around, but if not check the CB News, I'm sure someone will be advertising.
Martha
No .... i'm not looking for someone to do something for me. After I sold my business I bought a Safeclean (Valspar) upholstery cleaning franchise and ran it for 4 years before coming here, and I just wondered what the potential was for running a small operation here
Old May 29th 2007, 8:39 pm
MnM

No .... i'm not looking for someone to do something for me. After I sold my business I bought a Safeclean (Valspar) upholstery cleaning franchise and ran it for 4 years before coming here, and I just wondered what the potential was for running a small operation here
Ok! Gotcha now

With an appropriate amount of money invested in advertisements, I think it would most probably do well in the CB North. Just my opinion, mind you
Old May 29th 2007, 8:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
My mother refuses to pay any money for her very expensive rugs and does them herself the same exact way that you described
When I was between jobs I worked as a driver for a laundry/cleaners and you wont believe the stuff ie. cleaning that went in the washers. ;-(
Old May 29th 2007, 8:40 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
We had ours done in UK complete waste of money, looked great for a couple of weeks then soon got worse than it was before we had it cleaned. ;-(

I did our rugs over here, put on BB King and Gary Moore music then put them on the patio, soaked them with water, put a bit of fairy liquid on and scrubbed with the pool brush, hosed em down and hung up to dry, magic, looked brand new and funny enough stayed clean.
Big Pete will be proud of me.

Your rugs were not cleaned properly, the grease was left in the rug and that attracted dust and dirt and thats why they re soiled quickly. Usually a cheapo machine that has no power to suck out the fluids

Rug cleaning ... for sure get them wet and in this climate you can afford to do that, but don't use washing up liquid ...... trust me I'm an ex carpet doctor
Old May 29th 2007, 8:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Your rugs were not cleaned properly, the grease was left in the rug and that attracted dust and dirt and thats why they re soiled quickly. Usually a cheapo machine that has no power to suck out the fluids

Rug cleaning ... for sure get them wet and in this climate you can afford to do that, but don't use washing up liquid ...... trust me I'm an ex carpet doctor
I think you are weaving me a yarn here.....
Old May 29th 2007, 8:42 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
I think you are weaving me a yarn here.....
I could make a pile
Old May 29th 2007, 8:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I could make a pile
I will let Matt tag on here
Old May 29th 2007, 8:46 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
I will let Matt tag on here
Coward
Old May 29th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

I've been trying for months to find someone to clean my sofas with absolutely no luck at all.

I keep thinking that there must be a business opportunity going to waste here!!
Old May 29th 2007, 9:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

At your age?

oh and I'm too shagged to play too many word games!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.