Valencia

Old Aug 20th 2011, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

bil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant futurebil8999 has a brilliant future
Default Valencia

Hi
Have decided to fly into Valencia this time and stay overnight.
Looking for suggestions as to where to stay and the things we should see and do, hope you can help.
Thanks in advance
Old Aug 20th 2011, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Valencia

Stay i the Vinci Lys hotel in the centre, then explore. Don't forget to go to the beach, that's great as well. Use the Metro or buses.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 6:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest that you stay in the centre of Valencia if possible. There is so much to see, the fruit and veg market, the cathedral, the post office, la ronda, the silk market, falla museum, town hall, plaza la virgen.....I could go on forever....as you might guess I love Valencia. Make sure that you look at the tops of the buildings everywhere you go as they are works of art in their own right.

There was a thread on here some time ago so it might be worth having a search.

Rosemary
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed our visit to Valencia. The Fallas museum was really good, the central market is fantastic and even the railway station is worth a look, beautifully preserved entrance hall with belle epoque style tiling. Next time I go I want to visit the ceramics museum, if it is half as good as the building it is housed in it should be worth seeing. I recommend a restaurant called El Refugio in the Barrio del Carmen and the Institut Francais also has a nice restaurant in it's courtyard, good for lunch. We stayed at the Dormavalencia hostel, it was the first time I had stayed in a hostel and I was pleasantly surprised. Decent sized, very clean and modern rooms and incredibly cheap - 38€ per night for a double ensuite outside high season, on weeknights.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The inevitable photos

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough

a nice place a friend stayed at was
http://www.dormavalencia.com/index.php?lng=en

places to see
BioParc http://www.bioparcvalencia.es/en/
City of Arts and Sciences http://www.cac.es/?languageId=1
and there is a mall El Saler right across from it.
also the Oceanographico right around the corner from the City of A&S
http://www.cac.es/oceanografic/ it is amazing
the Valencia train station is beautiful to see.
right next to it is the Bull Ring
a short walk from there is the City Hall and Post office. both beautiful buildings. large fountain in the middle. a little ways down from this is Plaza de Reina. the catherdral is there http://www.catedraldevalencia.es/en/index.php there is a great place called Finnigans which is an Irish pub. and you can take the Valencia double decker tour bus from here too. http://www.valenciabusturistic.com/index_en.html also on a side note there is a great Ice Ceam place here called santa catalina which is right beside where the tourist buses are.
to the left of the catherdral follow along the wall and you get to the Plaza de la Virgin http://www.valenciavalencia.com/sigh...ngs/virgen.htm

and of course many great cafes and restaurants all over there. lots of little shops and tourists stores. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by fadingstarlight; Sep 3rd 2011 at 11:43 am. Reason: forgot a link
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 12:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I wear varifocal glasses and I find that the floors in the old silk market are so incredibly effective that I have to check where I am walking and that there really is not a raised section in front of me.
You have caught one of them very well Mitzy.

Graham

Last edited by Rosemary; Sep 3rd 2011 at 12:17 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I wear varifocal glasses and I find that the floors in the old silk market are so incredibly effective that I have to check where I am walking and that there really is not a raised section in front of me.
You have caught one of them very well Mitzy.

Graham
I just took a second look and can see what you mean!

Agree, great photography Mitzy.