Forum Regular

MKABZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Utility bills , especially Endesa

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Found something online .
Endesa changed their brand name to Energia xxi
But it says that if you are in the open market the the name still says Endesa
but if in the regulated market your invoice will say Energia XXI
Not sure what the difference is between the two. But guess the open market is like in the UK where you can get dozens of different providers for your power but the lines the power come down are owned by someone else . Whereas the regulated market the same owner owns the whole process.
I may be wrong ( I usually am) but don't shoot me .
​​​​​​
Yes, I saw that earlier today. Like you, I am a bit mystified as to what it means. I wondered if it was to do with wholesale and retail fuel but like yourself, no real idea. As we are both residential, I would have thought it would be the same, who knows.
Mary.
Old May 15th 2021, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Utility bills , especially Endesa

You can change your potentia online very easily.
The trick is getting online in the first place.!!
You can
I may need to seek help from you at the time, if I can get registered. Like I said to Keith, in an earlier post, I could only see something saying <10kw or >10kw, but maybe there is more specific information on potencia once I have an online account.
Fingers crossed to getting to Costa Esuri next month. The flights and car hire are booked, so hopefully we can get there and get some sun.
Mary.

Old May 15th 2021, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MKABZ
I may need to seek help from you at the time, if I can get registered. Like I said to Keith, in an earlier post, I could only see something saying <10kw or >10kw, but maybe there is more specific information on potencia once I have an online account.
Fingers crossed to getting to Costa Esuri next month. The flights and car hire are booked, so hopefully we can get there and get some sun.
Mary.
​​​​​​Same here .
All I need to do now is book a PCR test within 72 hours of departure to Faro plus a passenger locator form to satisfy Portuguese entry requirements
​​​​​​Take another test while over there before I come back to U.K. Plus another one 2 days after I get back to suit UK requirements !!!
Pontins is beginning to look very attractive all of a sudden as an alternative.

​​​​​

Old May 15th 2021, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

​​​​​​Same here .
All I need to do now is book a PCR test within 72 hours of departure to Faro plus a passenger locator form to satisfy Portuguese entry requirements
​​​​​​Take another test while over there before I come back to U.K. Plus another one 2 days after I get back to suit UK requirements !!!

​​​​​
Yes, I reckon the tests are going to add over £400 to the cost for the two of us. I can imagine that will be putting people off foreign holidays for now, especially if going just for a week or two. I'm hoping prices for the test may come down before we leave.
From my research a few days ago, I believe the UK government are happy with a lateral flow test for the inital test and then the PCR within two days of return, which can be done at Faro airport, just before your flight, the result takes 15 minutes. I couldn't see a price for it on the Faro airport website.
We were over in November and completed the PLF and no one even asked to see it when we got to Faro airport.
Mary
Old May 15th 2021, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​Same here .

​​​​​
I believe that after 17th May if you are travelling back from a "Green" country you can do the PCR test within 2 days of arriving in the UK. Presumably you might need some evidence that you have booked a test.
Old May 16th 2021, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Utility bills , especially Endesa

​​​​​​Same here .

​​​​​
Ah, so, when we put on the passenger locator form, CE, Spain I suspect that might complicate matters ? I was hoping to casually overlook the entering SP bit. I think we have now given up any hope of getting to CE this side of early autumn.
Old May 16th 2021, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Ah, so, when we put on the passenger locator form, CE, Spain I suspect that might complicate matters ? I was hoping to casually overlook the entering SP bit. I think we have now given up any hope of getting to CE this side of early autumn.
Depends how long you spend over there, assuming Spain goes green while you're there, which is likely, then the locator form should not be a problem. Also, the rules for green countries now mean you can get a PCR within 2 days of arriving back, so as long as you have a booking you can show border control it should be fine. Of course you might want to compare the price of the PCR test here vs there 🤔

Sorry, I seem to have posted that before😟😫
Old May 16th 2021, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

This is the information on the Ryanair website.
https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/map-page
If you are travelling from the UK, you can also get information on the Scottish and English Government websites.
Mary
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

boneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really nice

This is all very interesting. I'm with Endesa Energia XXI, I have never heard of Pontencia except I think I heard a friend talking of increasing his energy capability - maybe this is what it means? The "potential" energy capability? We have a 3 bed house Rincon Golf Isla Canela and our bill says 7.700KW. We have been there for 3 weeks in the last year. So I could look to reduce this some months?
Old Jul 19th 2021, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by boneym
This is all very interesting. I'm with Endesa Energia XXI, I have never heard of Pontencia except I think I heard a friend talking of increasing his energy capability - maybe this is what it means? The "potential" energy capability? We have a 3 bed house Rincon Golf Isla Canela and our bill says 7.700KW. We have been there for 3 weeks in the last year. So I could look to reduce this some months?
Our (typical) CHC Energia bill for April +.May came to a grand total of 8,93€ for the two month period at a potencia of. 1.1 kW.

We increased our potencia to 3.45 kw for the three weeks we have been here in El Almendro (pueblo with the very best outdoor public pool in Huelva province). We are able to run two a/c units and boil a kettle at the same time without tripping. Running the oven or iron requires one of the air con units to be turned off. We find 2.3 kw is adequate for our regular power usage outside of air con season.

Tomorrow we set off back to Bristol so will revert our potencia back to 1.1 kw first thing in the morning. We will repeat the whole process on our next visit, hopefully in October.

​​​​
Old Jul 19th 2021, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

boneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really niceboneym is just really nice

Thank you. How do you action the reduction? I couldn't see anywhere on the website today.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Thank you. How do you action the reduction? I couldn't see anywhere on the website today.
I email or call in to our local CHC Energia office in Villanueva de Los Castillejos. I understand some suppliers allow potencia adjustments to be selected on the account pages of their websites.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

t depends on what you have running at one time on what requirement you need. 1000 watts is 1kw. Get out your calculator and go around and add every watt up to see what the max could be before it trips out.

Normally there is also a charge to change. Maybe you get one free one, depending if a service call is required to change a main fuse in their portion of the electrical grid.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

I was with Endesa now called Energia XXI
If you log in and go to contract section ,you can change your potencia online .
​​​​​​Click on details of contract.
then click on Power and Tension change button
that will take You to part where You can adjust to your needs.
You probably know a!ready but at top of page is a button that changes the website to ENglish.
makes it easier .

Last edited by shirley and anthony hide; Jul 19th 2021 at 5:09 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks everyone. Sometimes our oven trips the system which is why I think I had a conversation with a friend who told me he'd increased his power capability. I have another look at the website. One of my neighbours told me a year or two ago they'd changed from Endesa & saved a fair bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.