Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

useful advice??

useful advice??

Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: useful advice??

Originally Posted by silverchick
OK, I know I'm becoming a nuisance but I feel this is the perfect place to ask!
What in your opinion,is the one piece of advice you would have liked to have had before embarking on your new life in Spain?? Or even advice that would have made your life easier when you finally got there?
Dont worry about becoming a nuisance, we all are every now and then.

I agree with the other posters, rent, that way you get the hang of the place before committing, unless you already know an area that is.

Have you got your Spanish up to scratch? Very important, not that you need to be fluent but it will help.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
OK, I know I'm becoming a nuisance but I feel this is the perfect place to ask!
What in your opinion,is the one piece of advice you would have liked to have had before embarking on your new life in Spain?? Or even advice that would have made your life easier when you finally got there?
Sorry this has gone off tack.

I think you have to be prepared to wait for services such as replacement windows, plumbers etc so a great deal of patience is needed. On the other hand it is quite a shock when you go into a shop and get told that they will deliver the same day and actually stick to the time that they arrange. This has happened to us on several occasions and from different shops.

Apart from that gain as much advice as you can and make sure that you keep all of the information handy so that you can refer to it. Read as much as you can about the area that you plan to go to and try to find out what you will be lacking as well as what you may gain. Talk to as many people as you can to gain a variety of viewpoints.

Rosemary
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:35 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mr Impish
Rent before you Buy

YEP, RENT BEFORE YOU BUY IS GOOD ADVICE....
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Do not believe anything that an estate agent tells you. And check and double check what your solicitor is saying too.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:46 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to all the helpful advice , too late to rent, we are comitted to buy, but feel we know the area enough not to worry.