Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Door Security Costa Del Sol

Door Security Costa Del Sol

Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

pwblackbelt is on a distinguished road
Wink Door Security Costa Del Sol

A question for everyone. Do you have plenty of bars, clubs and discos with Doormen working as security on the door?
It may sound a strange question but the last time I was in the Costa Del Sol was 1987 (that makes me feel old)
It, as everywhere, was a very different place back then.
I would appreciate any information.
Thanks
Peter
Old Apr 13th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Door Security Costa Del Sol

Originally Posted by pwblackbelt
A question for everyone. Do you have plenty of bars, clubs and discos with Doormen working as security on the door?
It may sound a strange question but the last time I was in the Costa Del Sol was 1987 (that makes me feel old)
It, as everywhere, was a very different place back then.
I would appreciate any information.
Thanks
Peter
yes, the clubs I have been too all have doormen/women
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Peter
Is that a potential SIA question?
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Is that a potential SIA question?
Yes it is.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a spanish equivalent of the Act do you think?

(just so everyone remembers, SIA is the UK's Security Indusrty Act)
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Is there a spanish equivalent of the Act do you think?

(just so everyone remembers, SIA is the UK's Security Indusrty Act)
I have no idea, however I would have thought that if you were licenced in the UK with the correct police checks and first aid certificates you would either be fine to work or be able to transfer the licence (for a fee I would bet)
I would think that most of the Door security would have been British, but that might just be wishful thinking.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have no idea, however I would have thought that if you were licenced in the UK with the correct police checks and first aid certificates you would either be fine to work or be able to transfer the licence (for a fee I would bet)
I would think that most of the Door security would have been British, but that might just be wishful thinking.
As a talking point, I would imagine the certification might sway in getting a door job with a UK owner in spain but I for one havn't heard of any reciprical legislation so I would suggest with my limited knowledge that the licence wouldnt be worth anything to a spanish employer.
I hope I am wrong and I hope someone someone with greater knowledge pops in witha reply for us both.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I would guess, knowing about paperwork in Spain, if its not a Spanish licence then its not a licence. ;-)
It took legislation for them to accept the EU driving licence was valid in Spain.
I think most of the security is run by big companies, all the shopping centers and supermarkets seem to have the same firms in them.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
As far as I would guess, knowing about paperwork in Spain, if its not a Spanish licence then its not a licence. ;-)
It took legislation for them to accept the EU driving licence was valid in Spain.
I think most of the security is run by big companies, all the shopping centers and supermarkets seem to have the same firms in them.
Door security tends to be very different to shopping centres and supermarkets.The SIA in the UK was basically set up to try to bring an edge of professioanlism to door work and attempt to stop thugs and gangsters from running clubs' and bars' doors.
The main thing you need to BUY the licence in the Uk is a police check (no criminal record) and a first aid certificate plus a course on how to handle people, the law on what you are allowed to do in restraint etc etc.
I wonder if there is an equivalent type of thing in Spain?
Possibly contacting the SIA body themselves in the UK could provide an answer.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:38 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Is the first aid certificate for after they break someones nose for no reason? Bouncers are so hit and miss, sometimes they are amazing people, sometimes they are complete buggers. I wont swear.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Door security tends to be very different to shopping centres and supermarkets.The SIA in the UK was basically set up to try to bring an edge of professioanlism to door work and attempt to stop thugs and gangsters from running clubs' and bars' doors.
The main thing you need to BUY the licence in the Uk is a police check (no criminal record) and a first aid certificate plus a course on how to handle people, the law on what you are allowed to do in restraint etc etc.
I wonder if there is an equivalent type of thing in Spain?
Possibly contacting the SIA body themselves in the UK could provide an answer.
If there is no equivalent body then simply having a SIA licence and course plus some experience under your belt (5th Dan Black Belt) should be good enough to help getting a job on the door.(Maybe, I dunno)
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

If there is no equivalent body then simply having a SIA licence and course plus some experience under your belt (5th Dan Black Belt) should be good enough to help getting a job on the door.(Maybe, I dunno)
People in general are hit and miss though aren't they. Some people are good some people are bad. Thats just life man.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:46 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

People in general are hit and miss though aren't they. Some people are good some people are bad. Thats just life man.
True. But most wont break someone's nose or bully the weak because it's their job No offence to you, it's usually the physically trained (martial arts or boxing etc.) that are the salt of the earth.

In my opinion.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Keri2323
True. But most wont break someone's nose or bully the weak because it's their job No offence to you, it's usually the physically trained (martial arts or boxing etc.) that are the salt of the earth.

In my opinion.
The type of work can attract the more dodgy person I agree (a little like police work,,ha ha)
I have trained many a doorman in my school over the years, some good some not too desirable.
But I am a nice guy, really cute and cuddly!!!!!
My wife told me so.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Probably find some of the clubs etc are run by criminals, so probably won't bother if you were licenced or not anyway.

Last edited by Mercedes; Apr 16th 2007 at 12:19 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.