UK TRIP

Old Nov 15th 2007, 11:53 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough
Question UK TRIP

Anyone traveling to the UK over xmas /Jan period in a van? ( and return obviousley , I know you lot!!! ) Do you have space to rent on the return??
We have been looking for 2 spare seats for our ford galaxy to no avail, ( unless we buy new at a ridiculous price )
Willing to collect from Costa brava through to Costa Blanca.
if you have the space, and are willing to rent it to us let me know which area your going to, ill make enquiries at all the scrap yards/dealers in that area.
Thanks folks!
Jen
Old Nov 16th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TRIP

If I am not mistaken the VW Sharan is basically the Ford Galaxy (of same year), I think they used the same designs except that VW used more substantial bolt fixing on the seats (slightly larger dia bolts).

Might be worth looking into!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:52 am
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

SUPERPOT is an unknown quantity at this point

Also believe the Seat Alhambra is the same so as they are made in Spain maybe you could find some over there?
good luck

Jeffers
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK TRIP

Originally Posted by Econ
If I am not mistaken the VW Sharan is basically the Ford Galaxy (of same year), I think they used the same designs except that VW used more substantial bolt fixing on the seats (slightly larger dia bolts).

Might be worth looking into!
Hi Eco & jennydoor,

The Sharan, Alhambra and Galaxy are identical except for the badges and instrument panels. The Sharan comes as standard with 7 seats the Alhambra used only to have 5 the back 2 being extras. They were all made in the same factory in Spain. I think the Galaxy could be ordered either layout.

I have a Sharan, all five rear seats are identical in their floor mounting mechanism however the two rearmost ones are slightly smaller than the middle row but will fit anywhere. The distinction comes with the seat belt buckles they are handed and the middle seat of the middle row has two. So if you find two seats make sure they have opposite buckle slots or two. Also if you get middle row seats and fit them at the back they further reduce luggage room. Remember they are very heavy and can be difficult to fit until you get the technique.

Regards,

John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Nov 16th 2007 at 12:35 pm.