Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK STD code on IP - Help

UK STD code on IP - Help

Old May 6th 2008, 11:22 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK STD code on IP - Help

Can anyone help me please.
I know it's possible but I don't know how to go about it, but I want a UK STD code on an internet phone in Spain as when I move to Spain in September I will be self employed with the majority of my clients still based in the UK and it would be much better for them to call a local number than international. Help
Old May 6th 2008, 11:38 am
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: UK STD code on IP - Help

Get SkypeIn. It costs about 10 pounds every three months.
Old May 6th 2008, 11:57 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you, I'll check it out.
Old May 6th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Try Sipgate. it's free:

http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/numbers.php

but sign up before you leave the UK otherwise you will be restricted to 0870, 0845 numbers etc.
Old May 6th 2008, 7:37 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I seem to remember this cropped up a while ago - I use a Tesco IP with a (chosen) Romford number (01708)

Dave
Old May 7th 2008, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Pobman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have used VOIPtalk.org for many years, I have their Silver package but they have a 9.99 unlimited calls package with UK geographic number too.

On Silver package most calls are about 1p a minute.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:25 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to everybody, I've been trying to find info on this for months and you all come to the rescue in a day should have found this site earlier
Old May 7th 2008, 8:46 am
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

On SkypeIn you pay the 10 pounds flat fee and then incoming calls are free.
Old May 7th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bokeh
On SkypeIn you pay the 10 pounds flat fee and then incoming calls are free.
It's £10 + vat for three months or £35 + vat for a year, unless you take out a monthly subscription @ £2.95 + vat per month, in which case the number is free.

http://skype.com/intl/en-gb/allfeatures/onlinenumber/
Old May 7th 2008, 9:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by valenciatim
It's £10 + vat for three months
That's what I said in post #2 but then other people started posting about "free services" that charge by the call.
Old May 7th 2008, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Pobman is an unknown quantity at this point

Just changed to Voiptalks 1000 minutes plan, same tarrifs for calls as Silver but first 1000 minutes to UK, Europe and other world desinations are free.
Old May 7th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bokeh
That's what I said in post #2 but then other people started posting about "free services" that charge by the call.
Sorry, missed it, was skimming!
Old May 7th 2008, 6:29 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

PLEASE NOTE that on "freecall.com" calls to LAND LINES are free for 90 days every time you put money on your account. only charges are for mobiles
Dave
Old May 8th 2008, 7:59 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

Thanks again everyone, I now have enough information to confuse myself even more!