Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK to recognise foreign jabs

UK to recognise foreign jabs

Old Jul 27th 2021, 7:51 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK to recognise foreign jabs

Double-jabbed British expats could see travel rules eased next month | Daily Mail Online

However, it seems UK government is creating another half baked plan >
Ministers are now reportedly planning to change the rules to allow Brits to register a foreign jab with their GP.
It may work for those living in Spain, under the radar who use and abuse the NHS.
However, not for those who are resident in Spain should not be registered with a GP in the UK.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 8:01 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to recognise foreign jabs

Unless I'm missing something, it's utter nonsense. I have been double jabbed in Italy and have a European Covid certificate because I'm registered with the Italian health services so why on earth would I still have a GP back in the UK?
What about people like my kids? Dual citizens with British passports but born in Italy so they have never ever been registered with a UK doctor.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Unless I'm missing something, it's utter nonsense. I have been double jabbed in Italy and have a European Covid certificate because I'm registered with the Italian health services so why on earth would I still have a GP back in the UK?
What about people like my kids? Dual citizens with British passports but born in Italy so they have never ever been registered with a UK doctor.
Depending on where italy is on the traffic light system, they may have to quarantine.

That little island is funny. (Edit) They do not seem to like their citizens who leave.(/edit)
France also has funny ways; always having to print, fill out and carry a piece of paper around with you saying why you are out and about. They love their paperwork.

Last edited by growinspain; Jul 27th 2021 at 8:11 am.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 10:54 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
You are highlighting some of the limitations of the UK governments half baked plan.
Catch 22. Even for those who have registered with a GP in the UK it would be difficult to get them to confirm their vacination staus, before they travel to UK.

Brexit the gift that keeps on giving and more political posturing by BoJo's "team"
Old Jul 27th 2021, 11:50 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Government by headlines.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Strikes me that the problem is Ministers don't have a clue how the health system works for those of us living in the EU. They may mean it apples to those holding S1 who are entitled to use the NHS the same as a UK resident? Who knows for me they haven't a clue.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
You are highlighting some of the limitations of the UK governments half baked plan.
Catch 22. Even for those who have registered with a GP in the UK it would be difficult to get them to confirm their vacination staus, before they travel to UK.

Brexit the gift that keeps on giving and more political posturing by BoJo's "team"
Due to a longer than expected stay in UK earlier this year I had to register with a medical practice in order to get medication that I have purchased over the counter in a number of countries.

I was immediately offered covid jabs which I declined having already been double jabbed in Gib.

This was followed up with a bowel cancer test and others.

During this time I never visited a doctor.

Boots supplied me with a box of rapid covid test kits for free.

So in my opinion an excellent service.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Due to a longer than expected stay in UK earlier this year I had to register with a medical practice in order to get medication that I have purchased over the counter in a number of countries.

I was immediately offered covid jabs which I declined having already been double jabbed in Gib.

That's right Fred as an S1 holder we are allowed to use the NHS as if we were a resident. The problem I think is politicians haven't a clue the NHS and systems are first class. I would say the same for Spanish health system having needed to make use of it. A few years ago I did a seminar in the uk re possible changes to the EHIC. I had responded to an advert and got paid £250 and fed for the day. It involved EHIC staff and government departments. One commented that I had a better understanding of the system than many that run it. That's the problem systems are generally good but are poorly explained especially when media lead .
Old Jul 27th 2021, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
That's right Fred as an S1 holder we are allowed to use the NHS as if we were a resident. The problem I think is politicians haven't a clue the NHS and systems are first class. I would say the same for Spanish health system having needed to make use of it. A few years ago I did a seminar in the uk re possible changes to the EHIC. I had responded to an advert and got paid £250 and fed for the day. It involved EHIC staff and government departments. One commented that I had a better understanding of the system than many that run it. That's the problem systems are generally good but are poorly explained especially when media lead .
I'm not an S1 holder having left the UK 45 years ago.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 5:23 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
Depending on where italy is on the traffic light system, they may have to quarantine.

That little island is funny. (Edit) They do not seem to like their citizens who leave.(/edit)
France also has funny ways; always having to print, fill out and carry a piece of paper around with you saying why you are out and about. They love their paperwork.
I live in France and don't know this
Where did you find that info ?
Old Jul 27th 2021, 5:23 pm
Started off with nothing

The NHS provides a great service under increasing pressure.
I'm not an S1 holder having left the UK 45 years ago.
The cost of treatment for visitors (i.e. your treatment) ought to be recovered from your home country. Unfortunately this is rarely followed up and UK tax payer foots the bill.
"Visitors from the EU from 1 January 2021
People from the EU will continue to be able to use a valid EHIC or a provisional replacement certificate to access healthcare if they fall ill or have a medical emergency during a temporary stay in England from 1 January 2021."

Last edited by missile; Jul 27th 2021 at 5:36 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
I live in France and don't know this
Where did you find that info ?
This was during the french version of lockdown or house arrest for its citizens. You still need one if your local has a curfew and you are out and about when you are supposed to be in.
Old Jul 27th 2021, 6:13 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
This was during the french version of lockdown or house arrest for its citizens. You still need one if your local has a curfew and you are out and about when you are supposed to be in.
Actually the infamous Attestations are no longer applicable, since there's no more confinement nor curfew anywhere in France. The pieces of paper were only carried by those without a Smartphone and I admit it was a pain in the neck, since the date and time had to be marked. To save paper, I wrote the dates and times in pencil each time but, since there was never any control in my neck of the woods, I don't know whether I'd have been sanctioned or not....
I'll add, for those transiting through France, that many départements have decreed that masks must be worn again, out-of-doors. Best to have a stock in the car, just in case....
Old Jul 28th 2021, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of articles saying travel rules are going to be relaxed for EU and US arrivals into the UK. And covid infections have been dropping lately. Things starting to seem like they are getting back to normal.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-57995063

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.