Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK MOT help. Car in Spain

UK MOT help. Car in Spain

Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:44 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK MOT help. Car in Spain

Originally Posted by Fred James
Got it in one Jo!

Apologies to those whose posts were deleted along with the offending post.
bet it was fun though
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:10 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
bet it was fun though
And I missed it all cos I was at the pool.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 8:05 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
And I missed it all cos I was at the pool.
Me too, probably for the same reason, or the siesta beforehand.

Looking at the topic, I can imagine. I don't go in English pubs much any more but still know where to go if looking for something not found in the usual outlets. Maybe it's one of the reasons I don't use them much any more, because the things you can buy are mind-boggling, it's worse than the back streets of Hackney.

Forums like this steer people in the right direction, as they should, unfortunately the underbelly has arrived here in force over the past 20 years. And to be fair, if you know where to go, the Spanish bars are not any better.

Perhaps the innocents arriving on a daily basis need to know about these dangers too? You would be well advised not to buy an English MOT in Spain, yet I remember a case a couple of years ago when they were openly advertised in local, English newspapers. The Guardia Civil intervened and I remember the culprits getting a small fine. If leopards don't change their spots, they'll still be at it.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:58 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Me too, probably for the same reason, or the siesta beforehand.

Looking at the topic, I can imagine. I don't go in English pubs much any more but still know where to go if looking for something not found in the usual outlets. Maybe it's one of the reasons I don't use them much any more, because the things you can buy are mind-boggling, it's worse than the back streets of Hackney.

Forums like this steer people in the right direction, as they should, unfortunately the underbelly has arrived here in force over the past 20 years. And to be fair, if you know where to go, the Spanish bars are not any better.

Perhaps the innocents arriving on a daily basis need to know about these dangers too? You would be well advised not to buy an English MOT in Spain, yet I remember a case a couple of years ago when they were openly advertised in local, English newspapers. The Guardia Civil intervened and I remember the culprits getting a small fine. If leopards don't change their spots, they'll still be at it.
Yes I remember dodgy tickets being advertised in the CBN
Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:46 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Yes I remember dodgy tickets being advertised in the CBN
Not so much the Costa Blanca News, but the free ones were full of such adverts, the one for the MOT had English road tax as well.

And there was one for a revolver, with a photograph! It was a gas one which fired rubber bullets and other things, absolutely lethal. The Spanish law seems to allow certain weapons being sold openly, a large shop in town sells pepper and mace sprays, along with high-powered air pistols.

An elderly woman who got mugged a couple of times now walks around with such a spray. I saw her a few days ago, drinking coffee outside a Spanish bar. On the table in front of her was a cup of coffee, a chocolate biscuit and her spray. I told her, from a safe distance, that it shouldn't be exposed to the sun, but she merely picked it up, pointed it in my direction and gave me a dirty look.

The lookie-lookie men give her a wide berth.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:49 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

The lookie-lookie men give her a wide berth.
I must get one!!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I must get one!!!!!

Jo xxx
looky looky men are widely available, should you require their services...