UK ID cards

Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK ID cards

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Do you know if we spend the £120+ to get a card before we leave UK to become resident in Spain we will be able to keep it?
The price is unbelievable compared to a Spanish one.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 3:28 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
The price is unbelievable compared to a Spanish one.
Bit like a UK passport. A Spanish 10 year one is 20€ obtainable at a nearby National Police Station, and it will take the holder to all the countries the UK one does.

I was thinking of changing my nationality. Brits can apply after living in Spain for 10 years.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:03 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know if we spend the £120+ to get a card before we leave UK to become resident in Spain we will be able to keep it?
According to the website it is £30.

Since you no longer need a valid passport then I cannot see how they could take it off you if you became non resident - they don't take your passport off you!
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:15 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fred James

Since you no longer need a valid passport then I cannot see how they could take it off you if you became non resident - they don't take your passport off you!

John and Kath.

I don't think there is official info to answer your question. This would 'seem' to be the only Gov info available. But I know I will be corrected if I am wrong, so watch this space.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...ards/DG_174258
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK ID cards

Originally Posted by johncar61
John and Kath.

I don't think there is official info to answer your question. This would 'seem' to be the only Gov info available. But I know I will be corrected if I am wrong, so watch this space.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governme...ards/DG_174258
I have just looked at the website and it says

Who can get the cards?

Identity cards will eventually be available to everyone over the age of 16 who has the right to live in the UK.

So it would appear that all "British" Spanish expats will be able to get one eventually
Old Feb 6th 2010, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: UK ID cards

Originally Posted by Fred James

Yes it definitely says £30 I was quoting the last figure I heard on BBC news some months ago. It seems they have come to their senses or this is not "the real thing".
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I have just looked at the website and it says

Who can get the cards?

Identity cards will eventually be available to everyone over the age of 16 who has the right to live in the UK.

So it would appear that all "British" Spanish expats will be able to get one eventually
Yes but it specifically excludes non UK residents.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of changing my nationality. Brits can apply after living in Spain for 10 years.
Not sure why those that are time qualified don't change nationality. Why would they want to remain British, they all seemingly hate the place, are forever slagging it off. If Spain is so great, show your commitment to your adopted country and become a citizen of it. Has anyone here become a citizen of Spain?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I got a smart chip on my health card, the doctor just loads what pills etc you need and you take it to any Farmacia and they give you the pills when you need them.
Thats a good idea, we have to go to the local health centre, queue on the stairs for ever to see the secretary to get our repeat prescriptions !!

Did you have to ask for the chip to be put on the SIP card ?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 9:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74
Thats a good idea, we have to go to the local health centre, queue on the stairs for ever to see the secretary to get our repeat prescriptions !!

Did you have to ask for the chip to be put on the SIP card ?
No, it was on the cards when we got them when I retired, when I went to the docs instead of giving me a prescription he just put my card in his pc and typed away and told me to take it to the farmacia every month.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
No, it was on the cards when we got them when I retired, when I went to the docs instead of giving me a prescription he just put my card in his pc and typed away and told me to take it to the farmacia every month.
So the famacia just scans it and gives you the tabs. How many weeks supply do you get at a time and presumably you have to see the Doc at some time to check that your prescription is still valid?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:46 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I got a smart chip on my health card, the doctor just loads what pills etc you need and you take it to any Farmacia and they give you the pills when you need them.
Is this a private health care card or the "normal" version from government health care system?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:39 am

It is the normal state health care card.

The prescriptions can be for up to 12 months.

I don't know if it has been introduced in all regions yet, but when it was introduced about a year ago in Andalucia it reduced the time doctors spent with patients by over 20% almost immediately as previously you had to see the doctor every month to get a new scrip.

Can we now get back to the question of UK ID cards or open a new thread on the health card subject.
Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

ive still got my national identity card from l948 when i was born, they still had them after the war ended, but no photo - wouldnt be much good now - i dont think they would recognise me......
Old Feb 13th 2010, 12:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael74
So the famacia just scans it and gives you the tabs. How many weeks supply do you get at a time and presumably you have to see the Doc at some time to check that your prescription is still valid?
It works quite well.

The only problem I have is that I am on four medications, which come in different size packs, 20 caps, 30 caps etc, thus I have to go the the farmacia when the new lot are ready to be supplied. As they rarely coincide I spend a lot of time queuing to find out if I am due any.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.