Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

uk a1 motorcycle licence and income

uk a1 motorcycle licence and income

Old Jan 7th 2018, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Andre Poole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default uk a1 motorcycle licence and income

hi..we will be moving to spain shortly ...woooo hooo...i have a uk cat a1 motorcycle licence...will that enable me to ride my 125cc moped legally in spain....any replies would be appreciated.........also....my wife and i will be retiring to live in spain and neither of us will be working ...my wife will be the only one receiving a pension in the first year , the amount of which would cover the min requirement of approx 650 euros per person per month...as i wont have an income will i be ok to reside in spain because the min requirement for 1 is met by only one income......once again any replies will be apprecaiated.

Last edited by Andre Poole; Jan 7th 2018 at 8:20 am.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 8:13 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk a1 motorcycle licence and income

6500€ per MONTH - you'll be living like royalty!

Yes your A1 entitles you to ride a 125cc motorbike in Spain
Old Jan 7th 2018, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

my mistake...650 euros a month each...sorry about that..and thank you for responding regarding the bike.....
Old Jan 7th 2018, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

The amount of income is not set in stone and has variations dependent on area and from what I have read even the official dealing with your residency application. I recently did this, one thing do you own a property or rent? I did not have to prove any income as we own our property outright which if you rent or property is mortgaged then you need to show income. The amount quoted to me was for an individual 5400 euros deposited in the bank or per couple around 8000 euros. That could be by showing monthly income to bank of just over 450 euros per month for an individual etc. Don't forget unless one of you is state pension age with S1 covering both the cost of private health care.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 10:15 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

As your wife is above UK retirement age, she will be able to obtain S1 and I believe this will enable you to claim state health care.

650€ / month should be sufficient for you to qualify for residency. Ask for confirmation from the town hall (Ayuntamiento) for the town you intend to reside in. You will find most will have a website and many have a Facebook page

Last edited by missile; Jan 7th 2018 at 10:18 am.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
As your wife is above UK retirement age, she will be able to obtain S1 and I believe this will enable you to claim state health care.

650€ / month should be sufficient for you to qualify for residency. Ask for confirmation from the town hall (Ayuntamiento) for the town you intend to reside in. You will find most will have a website and many have a Facebook page
THANKS for you reply..really helpfull
Old Jan 7th 2018, 12:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

When she applies for the S1 she needs to have your name put on it as her dependent because the fact that you are married does not automatically give you the right to health care.

Rosemary
Old Jan 7th 2018, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

thanks rosemary