The UK

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of
Default Re: The UK

I was trying to think of something I missed in the UK and could only think of food you could get for nothing on our lovely Orkney island Sanday which has roughly 500 people. In about ten minutes you could fill a bucket with large cockles as the tide was going out. All the rocks are covered in mussels of all sizes which the locals normally don't eat. Twice a year at a moontide you can collect spouts (razor fish). All summer my husband caught huge crabs and, lobsters in his creels and caught fish for bait and to eat. At harvest time the island is covered with wild mushrooms. There are rabbits, wild ducks and geese at certain times of year. Shall I go on? Oh yes there are forests of rhubarb.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 3:29 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
¿morcilla?
Si, Si!
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:13 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
¿morcilla?
Morcilla de puebla is very tasty and morcilla dulce absolutely delicious, but rarely available in the peninsula
Both are of Central American origin.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 5:21 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Morcilla de puebla is very tasty and morcilla dulce absolutely delicious, but rarely available in the peninsula
Both are of Central American origin.
It is morcilla I am thinking of. I don't know which type it is but it is very plentiful in our neck of the woods and is delicious!