Uk

Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of
Default Uk

I would love to move back to the UK in case anything happens to my lovely husband.

I don't know why we bought 2 properties here, & not one in the UK

Wendy
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:18 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk

Still, at least you're looking on the bright side

Have you considered some anti-depression meds?

I take it the chances of selling property #2 in Spain are slight so you couldn't just flog it and buy a pad in London?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Cape Blue;8154500]Still, at least you're looking on the bright side

I will not take anti-depression meds, I will only take vitamins

But thank you for your answer

Wendy
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:13 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy,

Something will happen to your lovely husband, just the same as it will for all of us.

It is the manner of that something, and the path to that something that makes the difference.

I prefer to have that path here in Spain in preference to the UK, but then again, I am me not you.

Davexf
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad I have a property in the UK as well as in Spain. My OH would love to sell the UK property to release the cash but for me it is security. I would not stay in Spain if anything happened to him. Far too lonely. If there is anyway for you to sell one of your properties in Spain and buy something small in the UK that may help you.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

Is this a question?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 11:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth
I would love to move back to the UK in case anything happens to my lovely husband.

Wendy
Im sure it was the right decision at the time. I'm sure if things had gone differently with the economy you might equally be saying I'm glad we bought two properties in Spain. Its a long term thing. You may be pleased you did it in time

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I am glad I have a property in the UK as well as in Spain. My OH would love to sell the UK property to release the cash but for me it is security. I would not stay in Spain if anything happened to him. Far too lonely. If there is anyway for you to sell one of your properties in Spain and buy something small in the UK that may help you.
Yeah ... I had one of those. Now my daughter lives there.

I think in time I'd consider selling here and renting instead so that things are slightly less complicated when I shuffle off etc
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:48 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Wendy Nesbeth;8154518]
Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Still, at least you're looking on the bright side

I will not take anti-depression meds, I will only take vitamins

But thank you for your answer

Wendy
Reminds me of the rhyme.

Doctor, doctor, will I die? Yes my child, and so will I.....

Why take vitamins? In a half balanced western diet you are unlikely to need them, and the word seems to be that even a slight overdose is far worse than not enough. Still, vitamin companies will continue to sell the stuff to people who basically don't need them.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like that but I find that is a really sad way to live, worrying that 'something' might happen to your husband. If 'something' did happen would having a house in the UK really be much of a comfort to you?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:11 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth

Wendy
Cheer up Wendy and try to think positively. Maybe you could sell one property and buy a small apartment in the UK. Meantime enjoy the quality time you have with your husband.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 5:27 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Supposing you go first??? What would your husband want??

Jo xxx
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:33 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Hey i thought i was the one to upset and p888 people off.

Here is my advice.

1) Never listen to advice.

If you are curious, continue reading my advice,

2) Never listen to advice

3) Never listen to advice.

4) Never listen to advice.

5) Never listen to advice.

We have a pattern appearing, so my point being advice should not be listened too.

What i would recommend is encouragement, look after yourselves, as much as you can, the world isn`t as big as it feels sometimes and its amazing how much people can support you in times of need and crisis.

You`ll only realise this when or if it happens.

Try to look at issues not as challenges but projects, always have a plan B, take deep breaths and allow issues to wash over yourself.

Returning to the UK is not a big issue and can/will happen when you need it, it is after all just a flight away.

Try too live as much for today and worry about tomorrow after the sun has risen and you`ve had the first coffee.

Eat as many Vitamins as you like, what doesn`t kill you, will only make you unhappy, bitter and grumpy. Health nuts are usually manic depressives with really bad self esteem issues and lack social awareness.

Good luck
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:46 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

However much we may try not to, I think we all occasionally think of Plan B in case we lose the partners we love. I sometimes rely on the statistics which clearly show that I should be the first to depart, but maybe that’s to still my conscience for not having made appropriate plans.

What can you do anyway? The sun’s out this morning, she’s going out to interpret at the hospital and I’m on my way to the bank and newsagent, but I’m going to wait for the sun to warm the place up a bit first.

But it could all go wrong in the next few minutes, we live in an earthquake zone.

There’s nothing you can do about fate, you can’t insure against it. I’m just hoping that this morning I make it to the little Spanish café for coffee and that the waitress with the bum will serve it. Should that be bun? Or both?
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

To worry about such things is futile.
But if you insist, then I respectfully suggest that you get on with "losing" him right now, sell up and move back to the UK.
And then you'll be worry free!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 1:03 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I find the thought of living without my OH not that much of an issue, I`m relatively young and I guess I`m in the generation that finds most marriages end within 10 yrs, most of my friends have divorced, so I`m quite detached.

In my experience of the older generation, my parents and an auntie, both lost through death there partners and both before openly discussed how there worlds would fall apart if the other died.

My auntie and uncle had been married for 65 yrs and I remember them as being inseparable, he died and she was upset, but still managed 15 yrs of a happy life without him.

My father died and my mother traveled, a lot, with friends from her younger years who had married gone there separate ways, but kept in touch and found that there husbands had either passed away of they divorced, they still in there 80`s holiday together once a year around Europe, last year was Cyprus, 2010 there lookin at Mallorca.

It may feel that your world will collapse and I`m sure it won`t/isn`t easy, but in time you will move onto another stage of life that could well be as happy as the past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.