Uk

Old Dec 11th 2009, 1:29 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Uk

Sorry you sound down at the moment Wendy.

Hope you are feeling more happier today.

I read some of your old posts and you have had some problems here, haven't you?

What options do you have ? Are you trying to sell one of your properties ? How is your Vernons health, is he OK?

Old Dec 11th 2009, 4:09 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo View Post
Eat as many Vitamins as you like, what doesn`t kill you, will only make you unhappy, bitter and grumpy. Health nuts are usually manic depressives with really bad self esteem issues and lack social awareness.

Good luck
Gooooogggle is your friend! My suggestion would be that before giving advice like that you tried a little research! Most people DON'T need vitamins, and the word is, even moderate doses for healthy normal people can do more harm than good.

An OD of vit D in children can be worse than rickets. There's other links too, that clearly point that taking vitamins can be a real minefield.

That'snot being a health nut, that'sjust about knowing a bit of science and having the wit to be able to apply it to everyday life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ge-health.html

Scientists have issued a major health warning over vitamin tablets today.
They warned that taking some supplements regularly can lead to liver damage and birth defects. And they have called for urgent research into the side effects of the tablets, which are used by thousands of people across Britain.
In a study, half of those surveyed were found to take multivitamins and minerals.
"The bottom line is that we don't know for sure that they're benefiting from them," said Dr. J. Michael McGinnis, a senior scholar with the Institute of Medicine, who chaired the panel of U.S experts.
"In fact, we're concerned that some people may be getting too much of certain nutrients," he added.
The panel said that people assume that because vitamins and minerals are vital for health, that more is better.
Toxic at high levels
But some are toxic at high levels, including vitamin A and iron, and others are simply excreted in the urine.
Beta-carotene was even shown in a study to raise the risk of lung cancer in smokers.
For other vitamins, concern surrounded 'super dose' supplements that exceed recommended daily amounts. Taking too much niacin can damage the liver, and pregnant women who consume too much vitamin A could see birth defects in their babies, the research claims.
The scientists also warned that some vitamins can interact dangerously with prescription medications, and said that doctors should check what supplements their patients take.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0ZOtRnvX1
Old Dec 11th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by manamama View Post
Sorry you sound down at the moment Wendy.

Hope you are feeling more happier today.

I read some of your old posts and you have had some problems here, haven't you?

What options do you have ? Are you trying to sell one of your properties ? How is your Vernons health, is he OK?

Thank you Vernon is okay, he is 81 & will be 82 next April, the reason we want to sell the flat with sea views in Los Altos Orihuela Costa, is because we need the money to buy a place in the UK, in case anything happened's to one of us.

I don't drive & have agoraphobia, so I could not live in Spain on my own.

Thank you for your concern

Wendy
Old Dec 11th 2009, 4:56 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth View Post
Thank you Vernon is okay, he is 81 & will be 82 next April, the reason we want to sell the flat with sea views in Los Altos Orihuela Costa, is because we need the money to buy a place in the UK, in case anything happened's to one of us.
It sounds nice.

Your actually in a good position, having two properties gives you more flexibility.

I wouldn`t worry too much about the market place, houses are selling, you never know you could be sorted in the New Year.

I hope I`m as brave as you guys in my 80`s.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chulo View Post
It sounds nice.

Your actually in a good position, having two properties gives you more flexibility.

I wouldn`t worry too much about the market place, houses are selling, you never know you could be sorted in the New Year.

I hope I`m as brave as you guys in my 80`s.
I am only 67, my lovely Vernon is 81 & we have been married for 41 years.

Wendy
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:55 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth View Post

I don't drive & have agoraphobia, so I could not live in Spain on my own.

Thank you for your concern

Wendy
Now that you have posted more details, it seems to me that ideally you should consider moving into local sheltered accommodation where your obvious needs would be met.

If you have difficulties in selling your properties, then under your circumstances there are sensible schemes for remortgaging (equity release) to provide you both with ample funds for a decent life.

Realistically, you couldn’t return to the UK and find the same solutions, unless you sold one or both of your properties in Spain first and that would be difficult at present.

I’m sorry for my earlier post about the earthquakes, I had no idea of your actual circumstances.

I wish you all the best.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBG View Post
Now that you have posted more details, it seems to me that ideally you should consider moving into local sheltered accommodation where your obvious needs would be met.

If you have difficulties in selling your properties, then under your circumstances there are sensible schemes for remortgaging (equity release) to provide you both with ample funds for a decent life.

Realistically, you couldn’t return to the UK and find the same solutions, unless you sold one or both of your properties in Spain first and that would be difficult at present.

I’m sorry for my earlier post about the earthquakes, I had no idea of your actual circumstances.

I wish you all the best.
There is no M & S Food hall here, but I know what you mean

Regards

Wendy
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:45 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG View Post

I wish you all the best.

I know someone who recently lost their spanish home through one of these "sensible" schemes
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:08 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo View Post
I know someone who recently lost their spanish home through one of these "sensible" schemes
Very good point made there Jacky I would strongly advise anyone to steer well away from such schemes and look for alternatives.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy View Post
I think in time I'd consider selling here and renting instead so that things are slightly less complicated when I shuffle off etc
What are the complications you would expect when you "shuffle off" with regards to owning your property vs. renting it? I was always under the impression that as long you ensured everything was above board and paper work was in order then there should be no issues with owning property and this passing to next of kin etc.. when the time comes? (this subject is probably a whole new forum post in itself!)
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smartmove View Post
What are the complications you would expect when you "shuffle off" with regards to owning your property vs. renting it? I was always under the impression that as long you ensured everything was above board and paper work was in order then there should be no issues with owning property and this passing to next of kin etc.. when the time comes? (this subject is probably a whole new forum post in itself!)
I mean I wont have any money or property in Spain. Its OK here in Valencia when it passes to a spouse, but I wouldnt like my daughter left with the problem of having to sort a property out over here. Having to find the money to pay the IHT on the property before its sold, being ripped off by lawyers etc etc