Tyres

Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really nice
Default Tyres

Hi from Tavira Portugal !
The Portuguese 'hate' all things with 4 wheels
So, cars are dreadful price.....but tyres !

I need 2 for rear of our car, and been quoted "best price" of EUR 502 each, plus fitting, etc. UK prices for precisely the same make / model tyre are GBP 272.

Thinking that Spain seems a more car friendly place.....in and around Ayamonte, anyone can recommend a tyre supplier / fitting service ?

Many thanks,
Big Ant
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tyres

Morning Ant

FeuVert are a chain that is usually found alongside large supermarkets, Carrefour.
I am not recommending them as such, but their website should give you an indication of prices.It is possible the get a little better elsewhere.
At the top of the following link you can input your car, make and model and sub species and it will give you a list of the tyres that qualify for the Spanish specification / MOT and their prices.

http://www.feuvert.es/neumaticos.html
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:48 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Ant

I need 2 for rear of our car, and been quoted "best price" of EUR 502 each, plus fitting, etc. UK prices for precisely the same make / model tyre are GBP 272.

Thinking that Spain seems a more car friendly place.....in and around Ayamonte, anyone can recommend a tyre supplier / fitting service ?

Many thanks,
Big Ant
This story may sound incredible but it's true!

I researched tyre prices when I need 4 new ones on my Volvo XC9. The prices were stupid - no matter where I looked.

Eventually I bought them off the internet and had them shipped to Spain via DHL.

A local mechanic fitted and balanced them and disposed of the old ones.

All-in-all, I saved in excess of 100euros per corner!

I know you have to be careful with quality and guarantees but I thought it was worth the risk. I went for a fair spec and went to an established UK dealer
Old Aug 17th 2011, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Tyres

Many thanks,
Big Ant
There is a Michelin dealer on the Poligono next to the Motorway and I got quotes there for 2 tyres for my Sharan and they were about the same as UK but this an expensive tyre £250 ish anyway. There is also a part used dealer on the Poligono near the Stadium and I bought a good spare there for the Skoda at €20 so it depends what your looking for. I have posted his detail before on the Ayamonte Club.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 8:52 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

There´s a nr. of places in Ayamonte:
Taller Diego, Calle Cayetano Feu.
Santa Gadea, Calle Gibraleon. (2nd hand)
First Stop/Salamanca, Avenida Ramon y Cajal.

Many thanks,
Big Ant
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really niceBig Ant is just really nice

OK, thanks all, will pursue and post later conclusions. Cheers
Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Done, 2x tyres fitted, happy !
OK, so we went to "Neumaticos" which is on the Poligono facing the motorway, just before you exit the slip road from PT to ESP side (going East).

Friendly, polite (young guy John (Ionut) speaks English/Spanish and seems to know his stuff).

Price fitted was 50% of Portugal prices, and therefore same as Blackcircle
best price in UK.

24 hrs from 1st visit, they were fitted.

Will recommend, and go again.

Yes, there is a Michelin tyre fitter on the same estate, but this place was perfect.

Thanks all for suggestions, Big Ant
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: Chesterfield - Derbyshire & Cabanas as often as possible!
Golfister is an unknown quantity at this point

Ant - we need a tyre and are hoping to go to this place. Can you please just let me know what the "Poligono" is? Is this place near to the petrol station in Ayamonte where we all go to fill up from Tavira just off the motorway?

Just having a bit of trouble visualising where you mean.

Thanks!!!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Golfister.
The word "Poligono" seems to be a national chain of industrial estates; but anyway, best way to describe the place is:

Come over bridge from Portugal, and ignoring the 1st slip road within say 2-300m, as you arrive at the 2nd one, with large roundabout that takes you to Ayamonte, and back on the westbound side via cheap petrol station, and 1st exit to industrial estate.....on the south running parallel with the motorway is a line of units, one is Neumatica (Tyres). You gain access to it from the roundabout.

As you take 1st exit off the roundabout, you go down 200m, 1st on left is the perimeter road for those industrial units facing the motorway. Can't be 500m from the motorway roundabout.

There is another tyre shop on the same estate (Michelin - always dead, no one ever seen there), but we have been to this one I recommend twice, for car and motorbike, happy both times.

Owner doesn't speak English - but takes time to search and select tyre for you, but assistant fitter is young guy 'John' (Ionut) who is fluent and friendly....and he knows his stuff.

BA
Old Oct 4th 2011, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Chesterfield - Derbyshire & Cabanas as often as possible!
Golfister is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Big Ant! We've just got back and will return to pick up our tyre tomorrow. Excellent service, very nice lad.

Many thanks again for the tip

Golfister