Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Two names are missing.

Two names are missing.

Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:41 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Two names are missing.

Two names are missing from this list, both with the same surname.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/blog...s-charges-live

They surely can't leave them off - they ran the show.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:49 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two names are missing.

Originally Posted by HBG

You read my thoughts.

On the other hand enquiries are ongoing and maybe one of the eight will spill the beans,
.....or is it too much to wish for.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 24th 2012 at 10:51 am.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HBG

Maybe the elder one was tipped off a couple of days ago by friends in high places which could be why he resigned from News International. A deal you might say happened
Old Jul 24th 2012, 11:46 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

retains a high percentage of shares though
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:05 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I think the first ten years of this millennium saw greed and self-interest come in on a massive scale, pervading our society, and the Murdoch's were prime examples of not giving a toss for others, as long as it sold newspapers and made them rich.

We let it happen and our finest dined with them on a daily basis, legitimising their despicable ways. They only came unstuck with the Millie Dowler case, a step too far, one which enraged the British public and forced our finest to act, mostly by running for cover.

But it is utterly farcical that the people at the top of a conspiracy to hack our phones are not in the dock along with the others. They authorised large payments for compensation when they were caught out, so they must have known what was going on.

It's easy to demonise Rebekah Brooks, and maybe even rightly so, but she was receiving daily orders from those above her, and the one living next to her may also be a cause for concern.

I don't think the public are dumb enough not to have noticed.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:05 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Have you forgotten so quickly the Maxwell family, took millions out of the companies and pension funds but have spent decades in and out of court pleading penury and funded by Legal Aid ??

I wonder if a psychologist could actually find cause and effect in all this, something wrong with their upbringing - Murdoch senior frightened by a Kangaroo when small ?? His son has smaller balls than his step-mother, he seems out of his depth, swimming in shark infested waters.

There is nothing we can do about it, they did it, they approved it, they paid the bonuses, indemnified people against charges of wrong doing - all to be the one with the biggest headlines, the best scandal, having that little edge the others didnt.

Perhaps Kenneth Clark should have a special wing prepared for the lot of them to serve together - ensuring the build includes lead lining in the cavity of the walls and the ceiling.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Do you see any interesting parallels between our present day society and the following?

“The five marks of the Roman decaying culture:

Concern with displaying affluence instead of building wealth;

Obsession with sex and perversions of sex;

Art becomes freakish and sensationalistic instead of creative and original;

Widening disparity between very rich and very poor;

Increased demand to live off the state.” ― Edward Gibbon
(author of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire).

Maybe we are about to go the same way as they did.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Do you see any interesting parallels between our present day society and the following? Maybe we are about to go the same way as they did.
Well as long as the men in the UK start wearing togas I for one will be happy.

Some of the sights I have seen over the past couple of days are just plain revolting.

A nice big sheet for the toga and a muumuu for the fat men is urgently called for.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 6:01 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Well as long as the men in the UK start wearing togas I for one will be happy.

Some of the sights I have seen over the past couple of days are just plain revolting.

A nice big sheet for the toga and a muumuu for the fat men is urgently called for.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . I was watching some stick insects hopping around in bikinis yesterday (nowhere near the beach), until my attention was drawn to a couple of chubbies with everything hanging out.

I fell for the chubbies, they seemed more real, more human.

With very few exceptions, the top of our society, the rich phone hackers, for example, and their leaders, are thin and wrinkled people despite their wealth, they don't appear human at times, just like their actions.

The Murdochs, Blair and all the other wrinkled joggers look miserable despite their practiced smiles.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by HBG
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . I was watching some stick insects hopping around in bikinis yesterday (nowhere near the beach), until my attention was drawn to a couple of chubbies with everything hanging out.

I fell for the chubbies, they seemed more real, more human.

With very few exceptions, the top of our society, the rich phone hackers, for example, and their leaders, are thin and wrinkled people despite their wealth, they don't appear human at times, just like their actions.

The Murdochs, Blair and all the other wrinkled joggers look miserable despite their practiced smiles.
over years of experience I have learnt to never trust someone who always smiles - you don't know what their real intentions are, other than they have the Et Tu Brutus complex
Old Jul 28th 2012, 1:21 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
over years of experience I have learnt to never trust someone who always smiles - you don't know what their real intentions are, other than they have the Et Tu Brutus complex
Two names spring to mind, Branson and Blair. Would you trust them?