TV Packages

Old May 15th 2008, 11:13 am
MX5
Just Joined

MX5 is just really niceMX5 is just really niceMX5 is just really niceMX5 is just really niceMX5 is just really niceMX5 is just really niceMX5 is just really niceMX5 is just really nice
Default TV Packages

Hi

I've heard that there have been a number of TV/SKY companies closing/closed down due to being illegal.

We need to renew our package in June, could anyone advise a reputable/reliable company to go with please.

Our place is in the La Siesta area near Torrevieja.

Thanx.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Packages

Originally Posted by MX5
Hi

I've heard that there have been a number of TV/SKY companies closing/closed down due to being illegal.

We need to renew our package in June, could anyone advise a reputable/reliable company to go with please.

Thanx.
Torresatelite CLAIM that they have NO PROBLEMS with their service. Do not use them so can't speak from experience, we are suffering the poor service from Telemicro Levante, but as we are in rented accomodation.....
Old May 15th 2008, 12:40 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got a question but instead of starting another I hope you dont mind if I put it on this thread.

Our sky box broke and we have just got another one today. The thing is I now need to phone sky and ask them to marry up our card with this box! I am a nervous wreck in case they suss me out and find out I am living in Spain Does anyone know what I will need at hand before I phone them and also what excuse can I make for not getting the box from sky?
Old May 15th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Spanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to beholdSpanish John is a splendid one to behold

Hi Same difference
check out my reply in a previous thread from a couple of weeks ago,you will see that I telephoned on my English sim which I still have active,I phoned Sky`s Customer service number which can be found on their web site(no need to put 0044 or delete any numbers).My mobile is pay as you go and I thought it would have cost me a fortune so I put £20 on it to make the call but even going through all the different options(press 1 press 3 press 5 etc)I was only on for 6 minutes and it only cost me £2.48.Have the card inserted and the screen information ready for when they ask you for the details of the new box-on sky remote control press services-choose 4 then choose 5,they will want the first 4 lines of detail from you.Mine was activated during the phone call.And don`t worry it`s a doddle...the link to my previous answer is below,if I can help any more please pm me
regards
John
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=532726&page=2
Old May 15th 2008, 1:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Ive got a question but instead of starting another I hope you dont mind if I put it on this thread.

Our sky box broke and we have just got another one today. The thing is I now need to phone sky and ask them to marry up our card with this box! I am a nervous wreck in case they suss me out and find out I am living in Spain Does anyone know what I will need at hand before I phone them and also what excuse can I make for not getting the box from sky?
You can call them on SKPE if you have it and they wont know where you are. You're quite within your rights to buy your own box so dont worry about that, and as for the rest ... what he said before me
Old May 15th 2008, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Spanish John
Hi Same difference
check out my reply in a previous thread from a couple of weeks ago,you will see that I telephoned on my English sim which I still have active,I phoned Sky`s Customer service number which can be found on their web site(no need to put 0044 or delete any numbers).My mobile is pay as you go and I thought it would have cost me a fortune so I put £20 on it to make the call but even going through all the different options(press 1 press 3 press 5 etc)I was only on for 6 minutes and it only cost me £2.48.Have the card inserted and the screen information ready for when they ask you for the details of the new box-on sky remote control press services-choose 4 then choose 5,they will want the first 4 lines of detail from you.Mine was activated during the phone call.And don`t worry it`s a doddle...the link to my previous answer is below,if I can help any more please pm me
regards
John
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=532726&page=2
Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You can call them on SKPE if you have it and they wont know where you are. You're quite within your rights to buy your own box so dont worry about that, and as for the rest ... what he said before me

Thanks guys

I will make the call shortly from skype!
Old May 15th 2008, 1:28 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Thanks guys

I will make the call shortly from skype!

I just told murdoch to expect your call from Spain hes waiting for youuuuuu
Old May 15th 2008, 1:40 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MX5
Hi

Thanx.
i think there is a thread about this somewhere but many of the SKy subscription channels have been or are in the processs of been removed from the mesh / rebroadcasting systems due to copyright infringement (telemicro down in torrevieja have done this).
If you have your own sky card and own dish you should have no problems for the foreseeable future.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I just told murdoch to expect your call from Spain hes waiting for youuuuuu

Just read it and now I have got a problem!

My sky card is registered at our old Uk address and if they issue us with a new one in July like you say, then there is no way on this earth we can get hold of it cos we dont even know who is living there now!
Old May 15th 2008, 1:50 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

My sky card is registered at our old Uk address and if they issue us with a new one in July like you say, then there is no way on this earth we can get hold of it cos we dont even know who is living there now!
That is not set in stone it is just a rumour shown on the website I gave you.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. We use my daughters address. I think you're going to need a UK address to get it sent to that doesn't have SKY. You'll need to notify them of a change of address, just tell them you forgot to tell them.
Old May 15th 2008, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
That is not set in stone it is just a rumour shown on the website I gave you.
Would you mind not telling me rumours please, there enough rumours fly around the expat community without you telling me more!
Old May 15th 2008, 1:53 pm

You're right. We use my daughters address. I think you're going to need a UK address to get it sent to that doesn't have SKY. You'll need to notify them of a change of address, just tell them you forgot to tell them.
Oh poo!

I dont have anywhere to register it or can I register it at someones house who doesnt have sky?
Old May 15th 2008, 1:55 pm
Senior Moment

Oh poo!

I dont have anywhere to register it or can I register it at someones house who doesnt have sky?
Thats what I just said, someone who doesn't have SKY.
Old May 15th 2008, 2:00 pm

Thats what I just said, someone who doesn't have SKY.
But wont they know that there isnt a dish there?

You know satellite signals and all that?

And dont laugh.........Im female

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.