TV Packages

Old May 15th 2008, 2:02 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Packages

Originally Posted by Same Difference
But wont they know that there isnt a dish there?

You know satellite signals and all that?

And dont laugh.........Im female

No they wont
I've been using a flat where they actually dont allow Sat dishes for a couple of years
If that was the case, they would know you were in Spain wouldn't they
Old May 15th 2008, 2:07 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No they wont
I've been using a flat where they actually dont allow Sat dishes for a couple of years
If that was the case, they would know you were in Spain wouldn't they
Ok thats cool.......I dont think my sister has sky so I will give her a call
Old May 15th 2008, 4:38 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what I just said, someone who doesn't have SKY.

Not necessarily true. My card is registered at my daughter address and she recently had Sky installed. There were no problems. When asked about the existing subscription she just said is was for a different part of the house.

Under these circumstances they will try and sell you the multi room option (which is a good deal but both boxes must be connected to the same phone line) but she just said that there was no phone line installed there.

If you only want the £20 FTV card, then they will let you have more than one. The problem with people being cut off was where there were hundreds of FTV cards registered at the same address
Old May 15th 2008, 5:35 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fred James
Not necessarily true. My card is registered at my daughter address and she recently had Sky installed. There were no problems. When asked about the existing subscription she just said is was for a different part of the house.

Under these circumstances they will try and sell you the multi room option (which is a good deal but both boxes must be connected to the same phone line) but she just said that there was no phone line installed there.

If you only want the £20 FTV card, then they will let you have more than one. The problem with people being cut off was where there were hundreds of FTV cards registered at the same address

Have a look at this

http://www.torrevieja.com/forums/gen...tv-update.html
Old May 15th 2008, 5:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Not necessarily true
It may not be necessarily true Fred, but its certainly the safe bet. My daughter doesn't have SKY and I'd always take the safer option that might not prompt SKY to ask the question
Old May 15th 2008, 7:17 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thats cool.......I dont think my sister has sky so I will give her a call
Now to put willies up you even more ()

i have heard that Sky were or had upgraded their phone centres to stop calls from Skype and non-uk based phonelines (possibly including UK mobiles), or at least be able to identify that they were originating outside the UK, making it a bit more tricky.
Old May 15th 2008, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
Now to put willies up you even more ()

i have heard that Sky were or had upgraded their phone centres to stop calls from Skype and non-uk based phonelines (possibly including UK mobiles), or at least be able to identify that they were originating outside the UK, making it a bit more tricky.

"0844 NUMBERS cannot be dialed from outside of the uk,sky is trying to stop customers calling the uk from europe" - quote from another forum back in march
Oh great...........youve made my day!
Old May 15th 2008, 8:28 am

Oh great...........youve made my day!
I still havent had the bottle to phone sky.....does anyone want to phone them on my behalf?

Only joking, but I am bricking it!
Old May 15th 2008, 10:02 am
Senior Moment

Well all I can say is I know of someone who called them on Skype a month or so ago and they had no problem.

I suppose you have you ask the question, are Skype really going to go out of their way to lose customers by doing this?

If you're really worried then why not give all the details to your sister and let her call
Old May 15th 2008, 6:06 pm

Well all I can say is I know of someone who called them on Skype a month or so ago and they had no problem.

I suppose you have you ask the question, are Skype really going to go out of their way to lose customers by doing this?

If you're really worried then why not give all the details to your sister and let her call
I will call them today!
Old May 16th 2008, 2:10 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I will call them today!
SD if you are on a telefonica telephone line put 067 before dialing and this blanks out where you are calling from if you use a mobile hash 31 hash has the same effect I always use it when I am making dirty phone calls to the old ladies in my village.......... when I ask them what they are wearing .....its always black maybe I should try someone a bit younger say 60/65