Tv advice

Old May 28th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tv advice

Hi
We currently have sky in our apt near fuengirola, this is done via a second box from Uk that should be in our bedroom in Uk.

We are moving in Uk and are upgrading to Sky Plus, we are obviously the going to lose our second box.

We have considered getting sky plus in Uk and sourcing some kinda sky box in Spain

Any advice?

Thanks

LPH
Old May 28th 2009, 9:35 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tv advice

hi
to be honest i am not 100% sure of your situation.....so not too sure what the question (or answer) is...
from the sounds of it you have two boxes registered at your uk house (ok one is in spain).
when you move you take both boxes to your new house, and ask for the dish installation / upgrade. sky would give you a sky+ box, leaving you with one sky+ box, one basic box and a spare basic box....

then why not bring either basic box back to spain as you have done? why wource a sky box in spain when you will have 2 basic boxes you can use?

remember a sky card will work in any sky box for all the "6 mixes" channels, but not for the premium sports or movie channels.....which will be box specific.

and the new instalaltion will be tied down to the "multiroom" contract which in 99.9% of the cases requries both boxes and respective card to be linked to the uk phne system to keep in contact with sky so they can ensure the boxes and card are where they are meant to be.
Old May 28th 2009, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

You can easily buy a second-hand sky box on eBay. It'll even fit in your hand luggage for the flight. As the first reply says, your sky card is not "married" to a box. I'm sure (ahem) if I took my sky card over to Spain, it would work in any sky box I happened to have there
Old May 29th 2009, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
You can easily buy a second-hand sky box on eBay. It'll even fit in your hand luggage for the flight. As the first reply says, your sky card is not "married" to a box. I'm sure (ahem) if I took my sky card over to Spain, it would work in any sky box I happened to have there
We found it (theoretically, of course....) didn't. Whether there's some techie reason (adjusting dish, age of card/box) we never found out. Still have both the theoretical card & box, though......