Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Trying to contact Colegio Hispano Britanico

Trying to contact Colegio Hispano Britanico

Old Mar 11th 2011, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Location: Currently in the South of England but looking to move somewhere warmer
Mixer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trying to contact Colegio Hispano Britanico

Hi anyone living in Lanzarote,
Do you have a contact number or email address for Colegio Hispano Britanico please? I've been calling them on 928 173 066 for the past 3 days, but a fax machine is picking up, and they are not responding on any of the email addresses listed on their website ...
I'm starting to think that either they don't really exist, or they haven't noticed that their phone and internet connections have gone down!
Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:19 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to contact Colegio Hispano Britanico

Originally Posted by Mixer
Hi anyone living in Lanzarote,
Do you have a contact number or email address for Colegio Hispano Britanico please? I've been calling them on 928 173 066 for the past 3 days, but a fax machine is picking up, and they are not responding on any of the email addresses listed on their website ...
I'm starting to think that either they don't really exist, or they haven't noticed that their phone and internet connections have gone down!
Thanks
are they a member of Nabss? maybe they can help if it's urgent

I had a look at the schoo lwebsite - it seems odd that they don't have the 2010-2011 calendar link working
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Location: Currently in the South of England but looking to move somewhere warmer

Thank you so much for your reply lynnx. Having as much info on schools as possible is crucial to our decision on where to live, and I have been finding it very frustrating not being able to get through to them ... I suppose I could always call the British School in Lanzarote and ask if they know anything!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for your reply lynnx. Having as much info on schools as possible is crucial to our decision on where to live, and I have been finding it very frustrating not being able to get through to them ... I suppose I could always call the British School in Lanzarote and ask if they know anything!
lol!!

how long have you been trying to get hold of them?

perhaps it's a holiday day/week?

I am about to reply on your other schooling thread............
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:19 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mixer (again - nice to see you on a Lanzarote forum earlier too).

We're currently smack bang in the middle of carnaval season here... with all sorts of sporadic fiestas (bank holidays). So that could well be why they're not answering.

Make sure you don't bother calling after 2pm either, as they finish earlier here.

Elle xxx
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Elle,

Nice to see you on both forums too I've been trying to contact them for 48 hours - but at the very least they should have a functioning answerphone. Gggrr, you'd think they didn't want the school fees! (Am related to a private school teacher so I feel entitled to have a bit of a rant about them - please ignore me)

We're in Lanzarote at the beginning of April when apparently they aren't on school hols yet, so I will pop in and see them in person. If I can be bothered to prise myself off my beach towel, that is ...!

Vicki x
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:42 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elle,

Nice to see you on both forums too I've been trying to contact them for 48 hours - but at the very least they should have a functioning answerphone. Gggrr, you'd think they didn't want the school fees! (Am related to a private school teacher so I feel entitled to have a bit of a rant about them - please ignore me)

We're in Lanzarote at the beginning of April when apparently they aren't on school hols yet, so I will pop in and see them in person. If I can be bothered to prise myself off my beach towel, that is ...!

Vicki x
Ha ha ha - welcome to Spanish life then - get used to it love!

Whereabouts in Lanzarote will you be staying in April? If you fancy meeting up for a frank and honest chat... with plenty of hints and tips about life here, then drop me a PM in here or the other forum and we'll sort something out. I'm down in Playa Blanca. Don't worry - I'm not interested in selling you anything (we help people move over as our hobby, and I know you've already found the Relocation blog). Just happy to help with whatever you need... by phone (yeah I have an answering machine), email or in person.

Elle xx xx xx
Old Mar 11th 2011, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Elle, I will PM you We are staying in - ta da - Playa Blanca!!
Vicki xx
Old Mar 11th 2011, 5:01 pm
No es moco de pavo

Thank you Elle, I will PM you We are staying in - ta da - Playa Blanca!!
Vicki xx
Ha! Excellent! Hope to meet you in April then - no pressure... just here if you need me. xxxxx