Reload this Page >

Travel past sevilla

Travel past sevilla

Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:21 am
Just Joined

willol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel past sevilla

Hi all

Im new to this forum but not to Costa Esuri, could anybody be so kind to help me with this query.

I have a wedding to attend in Arcos de la Frontera which is south of Seville and not far from Jerez. Looks like a 2 and a half drive from CE so was wandering if there was any alternative ways of getting there ie train or bus from Ayamonte?

Alternatively i normally use Zitauto for car hire but they will not allow travel further than Seville, do all car hire firms from Faro have the same rules? IS there any car hire firms in Ayamote itself?

any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Travel past sevilla

Originally Posted by willol
Hi all

Im new to this forum but not to Costa Esuri, could anybody be so kind to help me with this query.

I have a wedding to attend in Arcos de la Frontera which is south of Seville and not far from Jerez. Looks like a 2 and a half drive from CE so was wandering if there was any alternative ways of getting there ie train or bus from Ayamonte?

Alternatively i normally use Zitauto for car hire but they will not allow travel further than Seville, do all car hire firms from Faro have the same rules? IS there any car hire firms in Ayamote itself?

Cheers
Yes there is a hire company directly opposite the bus station in Ayamonte.

I am sure you will be able to get there by a combination of bus and train from Ayamonte via Huelva or Sevilla the long distance coach services in Spain are very good and the new hgh speed trains go from Sevilla to Cadiz so you are in the right area.

We have hired a lot from Faro and were always careful to check that the insurance allowed cross border travel and I do not recall any that were so restictive. Most allowed the whole of the EU +Switzerland but all excluded North Africa and eastern europe.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel past sevilla

Hi all

Cheers
One thing to watch when hiring at Faro and taking to spaini is the Hire company's terms on breakdowns. There are some which permit you to take the car to Spain but will not attend breakdowns unless the car is in Portugal.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:48 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Try this page: www.PlayasdelaLuz.com
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Cheers
If it's a single trip from Faro rather than from Ayamonte area, Why not catch a bus from the airport to Faro and then to Seville. Then you can, if you like self driving pick up a hire car from Seville Santa Justa.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by guesswork
One thing to watch when hiring at Faro and taking to spaini is the Hire company's terms on breakdowns. There are some which permit you to take the car to Spain but will not attend breakdowns unless the car is in Portugal.
That's a good point to consider when hiring. Auriga Crown at the airport do provide Spanish breakdown cover as, I am fairly sure, they are a Spanish company. However, I think they also have the Seville limitation, but worth checking with them.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
That's a good point to consider when hiring. Auriga Crown at the airport do provide Spanish breakdown cover as, I am fairly sure, they are a Spanish company. However, I think they also have the Seville limitation, but worth checking with them.
Auriga Crown is a Spanish company (we have used them a lot). Their restriction is that the car may not be taken to Morrocco! but the rest of Spain is fine. They even gave us a Spanish breakdown number when we said we were taking the car across the border. It's worth double-checking your small prints, of course, in case they have changed their policy recently.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 4:40 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Just read this topic on the Portugal forum, seems like a good solution to travel further into Spain: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706187