Translators

Old May 15th 2007, 9:23 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Translators

We are trying to organise things properly so that the family do not have any problems if anything happens to us.

None of the family speak Spanish so would have a real problem if we were to both die together. Does anyone know what we can advise them to do? Is there an agency that could do everything for them (not funeral plans) or an interpreting service who would make all the relevant phone calls? Relevant telephone numbers that we should make sure that they have?

What a really cheerful subject.

Rosemary
Old May 15th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Translators

You are in morbid mode today Rosemary! I am sure there are companies with translators, but that may be expensive, do you not know someone who speaks fluent Spanish that you could appoint to translate everything for you in the event of the un thinkable happening? Maybe if and when you write your Spanish will (your other thread) this person could be appointed to do all the translation for your family.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:21 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really annoyed cos I've lost the link but someone on here has details of a translation company that you can pay to make telephone calls on your behalf. You can buy, for instance, a set of ten calls. I can't remember who gave it me but hopefully they will see this thread and post it to you
Old May 15th 2007, 12:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
You are in morbid mode today Rosemary! I am sure there are companies with translators, but that may be expensive, do you not know someone who speaks fluent Spanish that you could appoint to translate everything for you in the event of the un thinkable happening? Maybe if and when you write your Spanish will (your other thread) this person could be appointed to do all the translation for your family.
Sorry for the content of my posts today but doing the ticky box thing and they are on the list so needs must. Having a very busy couple of weeks making sure that things are sorted properly, so looks like we are here to stay!!!!

Rosemary
Old May 15th 2007, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Oddities
We are trying to organise things properly so that the family do not have any problems if anything happens to us.

None of the family speak Spanish so would have a real problem if we were to both die together. Does anyone know what we can advise them to do? Is there an agency that could do everything for them (not funeral plans) or an interpreting service who would make all the relevant phone calls? Relevant telephone numbers that we should make sure that they have?

What a really cheerful subject.

Rosemary
We are using our solicitor , who speaks Spanish & English but you have to appoint them as your executer of your will, and they then get paid a fee for doing all the running around.