Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Transferring money from French to Spanish bank account

Transferring money from French to Spanish bank account

Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

siteservices is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transferring money from French to Spanish bank account

hi there would be grateful for any help as yet again we have forgotten to ring the bank in Spain to ask them (we've got a lot on at the moment). We have just started renting out our apartment and have a booking from France. I asked for a deposit to be paid into OH's Spanish bank account and gave the French man all the details at the top of his bank statement which was about 4 different sets of numbers - plus the BIC code (minus the 3 numbers at the end) and the IBAN number. We are with Caixa bank He has made several attempts now to transfer this deposit but his bank have said the BIC code should start with something like CAIXESBB. Please can anyone shed some light? thanks
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Transferring money from French to Spanish bank account

sorry just reread and \I haven't actually asked a question! Does anyone know what details I should give a person from France to enable them to transfer money to a Spanish bank account? thanks
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:51 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

you will need to provide
name on account
acct no
SWIFT code
IBANN code

yes, swift and ibann are suspiciously similar but that is what they will ask for

done it several times GB - Spain and vice versa

your spanish bank will have given you all the information you need when you opened the account, I got a full lecture on what they were, what they were for and so on when opening my La Caixa account. Just no certificate at the end

hth
Old Jul 16th 2013, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I think what they mean is the BIC code. Mine, for Banco Popular, is POPUESMM.
On my cheque book, it is printed immediately underneath the IBAN number. The IBAN number is six 4 digit blocks. Those two things, along with the bank sort code, account number and branch address, are all the information I have ever needed to enable money to be transferred to my Spanish account.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

thank you. he never had a cheque book but the BIC code on his statement is CECAESMM plus 3 numbers . maybe this is wrong. thanks again. I'll get him to ring his bank tomorrow - it's just trying to remember to ring them in the morning as we've loads of stuff going on here at the moment