Tow bars...

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice
Default Tow bars...

Question.... has anyone every brought a new car here from the mail dealer and had a towbar fitted by them?... Ive just took my car for its first ITV... and its failed as the towbar is not on the green log book...nor do I have a certificate for it... Had had it fitted when I brough the car, (Kia Sorento) so I would of thought it would be something they did... never ever thought about until today... guessing im going to have to drive to the dealer Monday to sort it out......
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 2:24 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tow bars...

Yes we had the same problem with our new Renault Traffic, but the tow bar was fitted from the factory not at the showroom.
You will have to bounce up & down in the dealership & get a certificate out of them.
Suzi
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I had one fitted by the main dealer two years after buying the car new.
To get the paperwork authorised I had to go for an MOT where they checked everyting but the tow bar. Very strange
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered my Nissan Navara with towbar, capota (top for the pickup bit), running bar thingies and roofrack. The towbar was entered on the matricula from the word go and was never a problem The capota was post-fitted and was the bit that caused the same hiatus. We had to get the Nissan dealership to 'create' some new paperwork showing it was the correct spec for the job, then it could be added to the matricula AT the ITV station, and then be ITV'd but not before.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 4:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Not a tow bar but we had a bull bar fitted by the dealer as new.

When they changed the law a few years ago it failed the ITV. They were very helpful and phoned the dealer who sorted it out. They had to get a certificate from the manufacturer and they issued one as the fitter.

€50 for the paperwork and back to the ITV where they printed the details on the Ficha Tecnica - no problems since.

If it is factory fitted and on the extras list it's usually OK. I was impressed that the ITV office had access to all that information online.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

In many respects Antequera seems a modern ITV station, but there was no suggestion they would be able to find provenance for my capota...far from it. My problem!
Old Mar 4th 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst on this subject it worth noting that you should not import towbars from the UK to use on Spanish cars , (even though usually half price of Spanish )as the ITV will not recognise CE approval on towbars! against EU law not to but hey ho

This company can supply at better than main agent prices but they have to be fitted by a authorised garage ! so no DIY!

http://www.enganchesaragon.com/es/Default.aspx
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Well thought I would give you an update...

Went to Kia this morning and asked why did they not give me a certificate and why was my green log book not amended to say they fitted the towbar when I brought the car from them.... their answer ''we dont know''

And continued to say, that as Kia were taken over after I brought the car, it was NOT their responsability and I would have to pay for certificate, I was not happy, asked to see the boss, who told me that I probably was given the certificate and had lost it .. WTF! had a huge argument with them, asking if he thought I was a liar, to which he nodded.. (if I had lost it I would of admitted it) ..... then he just walked out the office!! (great customer service.. NOT)

Then saw the top boss...who still insisted I pay but would knock 48€ of if I ever need the car servicing... so I suggested that seeing as I need 2 new rear reflectors, how about they let me have them at cost price and fit them for free... oh, not they could not possibly do that...

So basicaly I have to pay 48€ for a certificate to be issued...

Have told them I will be writing to there head office complaining, and will complain about the guy who called me a liar... they were doing there best to talk me out of complaining ... but no chance

so as well as the 48€.. plus 20€ in fuel its cost me today... and no idea what the ITV place will chage me to add it... its an expense I could do without...
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx

Went to Kia this morning and asked why did they not give me a certificate and why was my green log book not amended to say they fitted the towbar when I brought the car from them.... their answer ''we dont know''

And continued to say, that as Kia were taken over after I brought the car, it was NOT their responsability and I would have to pay for certificate, I was not happy, asked to see the boss, who told me that I probably was given the certificate and had lost it .. WTF! had a huge argument with them, asking if he thought I was a liar, to which he nodded.. (if I had lost it I would of admitted it) ..... then he just walked out the office!! (great customer service.. NOT)

Then saw the top boss...who still insisted I pay but would knock 48€ of if I ever need the car servicing... so I suggested that seeing as I need 2 new rear reflectors, how about they let me have them at cost price and fit them for free... oh, not they could not possibly do that...

Have told them I will be writing to there head office complaining, and will complain about the guy who called me a liar... they were doing there best to talk me out of complaining ... but no chance

so as well as the 48€.. plus 20€ in fuel its cost me today... and no idea what the ITV place will chage me to add it... its an expense I could do without...
This sums up typical Spanish customer service.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:03 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

and no idea what the ITV place will chage me to add it... its an expense I could do without...
If it's a retest they won't charge you. They will print the details onto the Ficha Technica so you won't have a problem next time.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
This sums up typical Spanish customer service.

Dead right there , I tried buying a new car here and was made to feel it was a privilege to be able to buy from them! I walked obviously .

Last edited by Rotor; Mar 5th 2012 at 2:12 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fred James
If it's a retest they won't charge you. They will print the details onto the Ficha Technica so you won't have a problem next time.
will they charge me to print it on there?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:39 pm

will they charge me to print it on there?
No, well at least they didn't charge me and they were very helpful.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know you said it's a distance/fuel you could do without, but how about going back and right there asking for their complaints book.... various mentions in threads on here suggest it can make a difference to their attitude. (but do it regardless of their improved attitude, if any!!)
Old Mar 6th 2012, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

larryX is an unknown quantity at this point

Fiona,
I agree, instead of shouting 'Help' in Spain ask for the complaints form.

It's in three pages, sensitised paper.

One copy for the person you are complaining about. Two copies you keep.

If after (I think its 10 working days) you have not received satisfaction you take a copy to the consumer's office (part of the town hall) and they will (should) chase it up.

Which copy is whiich ? It's shown in very small print vertically along the left hand side of the form.

AND remember
all establishments have the complaints forms, including the Police, hospitals, lawyers, doctors, schools, and even the town hall.

If they say they do not have the form then call the local police, who should attend, issue a fine and close the establishment.

I have asked for the form a few times and things have either been resolved there and then or within the statutory 10 days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.