Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tourism Licence

Tourism Licence

Old Dec 21st 2011, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

pollywolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tourism Licence

Does anyone know how I can register my house for tourism? The house is on an urbanisation in Nerja.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 3:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourism Licence

I don't know the process but try asking at the Foreigners office in the town hall in Nerja - they are usually pretty helpful.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 4:07 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Friends of ours tried to open their finca as a "casa rural" - they jumped through so many hoops, redid the sewerage, reform so much to try and meet their requirements. Anyway, after 5 years of trying to meet their rules etc., they have now returned to UK and are trying to sell the property!
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:50 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Friends of ours tried to open their finca as a "casa rural" - they jumped through so many hoops, redid the sewerage, reform so much to try and meet their requirements. Anyway, after 5 years of trying to meet their rules etc., they have now returned to UK and are trying to sell the property!
Wow that is really tough, what a nightmare........

Another case of NEXT
Old Dec 21st 2011, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
I don't know the process but try asking at the Foreigners office in the town hall in Nerja - they are usually pretty helpful.
Thanks for the advice, will certainly try them.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I have previously registered a house as a " vivienda rural " and got there in the end! I don't know the process for a house in an urban location.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 7:46 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Mallorca, it used to be really easy and cheap. We secured one of the last available licences, but we have yet to use it.

Now the hotel chains have put a stop to it. It's no longer possible to get a licence here. They've stopped issuing any tourism licences, but it remains illegal to rent to tourists without a licence, and subject to large fines.

The enforcement is shabby, at best, unless they have some reason to want to "get" you. So, people rent their properties without a licence anyway. They "quietly" offer their properties through travel agents in the UK and Germany, and develop a loyal set of clients who take a week or two every year.

Besides, you can always make a "contribution" to the local school, police, or ajuntamento and somehow the issue never seems to come to light.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 7:50 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

there used to be discounts and loans for those who wished to set up rural tourism, especially when that meant even one job on a part time basis.

has anyone any details of this and actually got some of this money ??
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Domino
there used to be discounts and loans for those who wished to set up rural tourism, especially when that meant even one job on a part time basis.

has anyone any details of this and actually got some of this money ??
I didn't know about grants when I registered mine and no-one offered! People I know had lots of grants when they registered their " casa rural" but i think that was because they were offering holidays for the disabled. I should imagine the grants situation has just about dried up in the economic climate now.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pollywolly
I didn't know about grants when I registered mine and no-one offered! People I know had lots of grants when they registered their " casa rural" but i think that was because they were offering holidays for the disabled. I should imagine the grants situation has just about dried up in the economic climate now.
its a funny old world, when the rivers are running with gold they give discounts, loans and so on.
when things have dried up the discounts and loans are not there, which is the time when the new start and entrepreneur actually needs it.

The same applies in the advertising world, prices are sky high and you still cant get the slot you want, but now the bottom has fallen out of the market, prices are much much lower, but no one wants to advertise

Spain also used to have scales for autonomo charges dependent on what business you were in, with other discounts in the first year etc.
You could also get up to 6m max of your unemployment benefits (if you had paid in) in a lump sum to help you start up your own business.

the idea should be to help the people when the times are tough not when the times are good.
one less person off benefits even if not making a contribution for the 1st 6m is still one person off benefits.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pollywolly
Does anyone know how I can register my house for tourism? The house is on an urbanisation in Nerja.
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Spain also used to have scales for autonomo charges dependent on what business you were in, with other discounts in the first year etc.
When was that then?
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 1:14 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Most of those grants were abused by friends and relatives of the Mayors.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by whitelinen
When was that then?
very very very recently - I came across it when researching starting a business in Spain, but I am not on my own computer at the moment so cannot give details. It was a Spanish website that listed the amount of autonomo charged.

ISTR that those who work on markets and boot sales are only considered for 50% of the normal sum.

It may be a case of the usual problem - if you don't ask then no one will tell you.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

very very very recently - I came across it when researching starting a business in Spain, but I am not on my own computer at the moment so cannot give details. It was a Spanish website that listed the amount of autonomo charged.

ISTR that those who work on markets and boot sales are only considered for 50% of the normal sum.

It may be a case of the usual problem - if you don't ask then no one will tell you.
I asked you but you are unable to confirm your statement. I have been autonoma for ten years like everyone else I made it my business to know as much about it as possible and I do not recognise anything you say. It is and always has been a punative tax which has been discussed and questioned on this and other Spanish forums ad nauseum.

Dont you think that if there had been other options available they would have been mentioned by others and detailed on the seg soc site?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.