Tourism 2010 ?

Old May 12th 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Fredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the rough
Default Tourism 2010 ?

Has anyone visited the island of Mallorca recently, in particular Magaluf, and have any idea about how the season is shaping up so far ?
I have just been having a 'mooch' around, using Google Earth StreetCam, and things are looking a little run-down, in the Torrenova area of the resort, at least when the photos were taken.
I have recently read a post saying a lot of the bars and entertainment in Benidorm (of all places) has disappeared.
Has anyone any observations, or even predictions how 2010 might shape up ?
(Don't worry I won't 'quote' you ! )

Cheers
Fredthered
Old May 12th 2010, 4:08 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tourism 2010 ?

Tourism 2010 ? is down from all over spain ,Balearic Islands and Canary Islands
Price are getting to hight and Easten European area been cheap , More people head that way ,In spain Hotels , Pub , restaurants and nightclubs over charging ripping people off , in the uk and Ireland , seaside resort did not update there areas , Modern building and area for people , back in the 60s 70s 80s and lost out to what we know is the sunshine holiday , well it not repeating it self here in Spain .

Hotels = i been going two spain for years from age of 3 , there hotels still have same styles the 70s look , only think that change is the light bulbs . my Mother was a travel rep for some off the big Tour oppraters and she has photos
Not say know then down and rebuild them but com on stick with the times

Pubs , bars over priced drink for holiday makers and happy hours , blasting music out , god you could even hear the london express train go throught it
Food is not the may west now .

Restaurants are at the same aswell , stake for 30 Euros , wont give to my dog if i had one

Nite clubs in spain have all was been dear as the drink prices ... but go two spanish one and it half the price ....

Wake up and smell the problem are going less coming here

Ireland over priced its self and look what happen two it no can go on holdays dew the outrage price there

Jurdy

Austria, not cheap
Belgium,
Bulgaria, cheap
Cyprus, ----- not sure
the Czech Republic, cheap
Denmark, not cheap
Estonia, cheap
Finland, not cheap
France, not cheap
Germany, not cheap
Greece, cheap
Hungary, cheap
Ireland, dear
Italy, ok cheap
Latvia, cheap
Lithuania, cheap
Luxembourg, not cheap
Malta, ok cheap
the Netherlands , ok cheap
Poland, cheap
Portugal, ok cheap
Romania, cheap
Slovak Republic, cheap
Slovenia, cheap
Spain, not cheapp
Sweden, dear
the United Kingdom. not cheap
Old May 12th 2010, 4:30 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

However, if the pound goes up and the euro goes down...............

jo xxx
Old May 12th 2010, 4:49 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Spain is a bit of the same old holiday, they have not moved with the times. Don't think it is just about prices, doesn't really matter for a couple of weeks. Many are looking for something different to just sand and sun.

I think the tourist trade could be devasted this year because of the volcanic ash. Then there is the BA strike. Not just Spain everywhere.

Italy isn't cheap but lovely for a holiday, no overdevelopment like Spain. Hear Turkeys prices have increased, personally I didn't like the place.

Last edited by jackytoo; May 12th 2010 at 4:51 pm.
Old May 12th 2010, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes Spain is a bit of the same old holiday, they have not moved with the times. Don't think it is just about prices, doesn't really matter for a couple of weeks. Many are looking for something different to just sand and sun.

I think the tourist trade could be devasted this year because of the volcanic ash. Then there is the BA strike. Not just Spain everywhere.

Italy isn't cheap but lovely for a holiday, no overdevelopment like Spain. Hear Turkeys prices have increased, personally I didn't like the place.
Depends where you go in Spain. There is no overdevelopment on the North Coast and there are splutterings of virgin beaches even on the Med Coast. And a holiday to Sevilla, BCN, Madrid, Toledo, Granada, Santiago etc can rival any cultural holiday to Italy. Well, as long as the holidaymaker is educated

People on here are right though, I think the cheap sun and sand package holidays are past their sell-by-date and will never recover to the levels they were 10 or 20 years ago.

Btw, I like your writing style jurdyr, have you been reading James Joyce?