Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TDT channels missing

TDT channels missing

Old May 11th 2010, 6:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default TDT channels missing

when I went to bed last night I had 26 or so free (spanish) channels through my TDT box

I got up this morning & I only have 5 local valencian channels - no national channels at all

does anyone else have this problem, or is maybe just a local glitch?

or does anyone know if they have maybe all suddenly gone over to 'pay' channels?
Old May 11th 2010, 6:18 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TDT channels missing

they are all ok here.
so either a problem with your system, or a problem with the transmitter you are facing.....the latter can be resolved by asking a neighbour
the valencian channels (C9 and .2) tend to be the strongest and can usually be received without any amplification - so check you power supply for your amplifier...usually they have a light to indicate power is flowing...

Last edited by The Guy; May 11th 2010 at 6:21 am.
Old May 11th 2010, 6:19 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Guy
they are all ok here.
so either a problem with your system, or a problem with the transmitter you are facing.....the latter can be resolved by asking a neighbour
so a local prob then

I can relax a bit then - I'll ask someone later
Old May 12th 2010, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

my tdt is a bit dodgy due to the weather, but theyre all still there EXCEPT sony which has gone completely. last week it said 'no card' then poof - gone. have done 2 search for channels and its not coming back. anyone else lost sony?
DD
Old May 12th 2010, 12:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by digdug
my tdt is a bit dodgy due to the weather, but theyre all still there EXCEPT sony which has gone completely. last week it said 'no card' then poof - gone. have done 2 search for channels and its not coming back. anyone else lost sony?
DD
all mine are back to normal - Sony has gone to a pay channel since last week I believe
Old May 12th 2010, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnxa
all mine are back to normal - Sony has gone to a pay channel since last week I believe
lol - not a mission will i pay money to see10 episodes of married with children every day. i see spain is starting to take the possibility of charging for tv "seriously". ha ha. i hear gol tv has been a complete wash out.
looks like its filmon for me then, at least its worth the money.
DD
Old May 12th 2010, 12:37 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There was an article about this in Sur this week, will try to find it. Only read the sub-headline but it said something about illegal suppliers interfering with it? don't have it so I didn't realyy read it.
Old May 12th 2010, 4:13 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

was up grade works going on in most the valencian area and think was around Daina area ... will be for next 8 weeks

this happen down around Elche area few weeks ago , so rescam you box and you get the canals back again
Old May 12th 2010, 6:52 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jurdyr
was up grade works going on in most the valencian area and think was around Daina area ... will be for next 8 weeks

this happen down around Elche area few weeks ago , so rescam you box and you get the canals back again
that would explain it