Reload this Page >

Torrevieja - Thoughts?

Torrevieja - Thoughts?

Old Apr 9th 2014, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Glasgow Billy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Torrevieja - Thoughts?

Originally Posted by HBG
I don't want to put you off, Billy, (your last name's not Scobie is it?) but at your age Benidorm would be the place to head for. I know it well and you don't have to live among the extreme noise, and a nice flat along quiet Poniente would cost you no more than 350 Euros a month and a short walk will provide all the entertainment anyone could possibly want,

When you get to Torrevieja age (pension age), come back down this way, that's what a lot of us have done when we need blue pills to stay alive.
Cheers for the reply HBG. No thats not my last name.

I have been seriously thinking about close to or even central to Benidorm as i have heard great things about it. Can you recommend nice areas just outside as i would like a 2/3 bedroom place for visitors once i am settled. I have a maximum budget of 600 Euro.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 8:30 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgow Billy
Cheers for the reply HBG. No thats not my last name.

I have been seriously thinking about close to or even central to Benidorm as i have heard great things about it. Can you recommend nice areas just outside as i would like a 2/3 bedroom place for visitors once i am settled. I have a maximum budget of 600 Euro.
It's more than enough for a decent apartment in Albir or Altea, or a small villa in La Nucia. Have a look in the Costa Blanca News for the letting agents in Benidorm, it could be something like Benidorm lettings.

La Cala Finestrat is a good choice for something slightly quieter and you can still walk to Benidorm, or get the bus.

Benidorm singles used to be the place to meet singles years ago, but I don't know if it's still running, I haven't been single for a long time.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Santa Pola is quiet. I think most of the coast is, outside of Benidorm. That's why I said Torre was on a par with the rest, there are lots of places with not much more than a single street or small area where there are a few late night places.

I was in San Pedro del Pinitar last week, which somebody had told me had a lively section of bars - total ghost town!

If you go north of Alicante, like Benidorm for example, you'll be within half an hour or so of Denia from where you can catch a ferry for some week-ending on Ibiza!

It starting to sound like Benidorm or the edge of it is the place for you.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Billy, My OH and I have been going to Benidorm for many years for holidays and fact finding and we will be moving out to live full time in about 2 months. Absolutely fantastic place

Albir is lots quieter but also very nice and we are making plans to move there in maybe 5 years time to fully settle into retirement.

Maybe we'll bump into each other before the end of the year.

Good luck