Torresat

Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

iainandsheena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Torresat

Hi all

Can anyone tell me whether i can just pop down to Torresats office in Playa Flamenca to pick up a card for our smart box? as all our channels were completely scambled yesterday??
Do i need to take anything down to the offices with me id , address details etc?

Thanks in advance

Iain
Old Feb 6th 2009, 7:05 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Torresat

take anything you think is necessary...id, address, and torresat contract / installation receipts, but from another forum there were a lot of people there yesterday collecting their cards. and many were turned away as they did not have all the paperwork to getthe new card.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

dunerider is an unknown quantity at this point

yep this has happened to us too, we are in rented accomodation and our agent has given us a card, but after putting the card into the box we can't pick up any chanels.

we can't even find the chanels that were scrambled before.

does anyone have any ideas? we can find the free to air stuff.

even without the card we can't pick up the chanels with the scrambled messages

box is enigma x
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunerider
yep this has happened to us too, we are in rented accomodation and our agent has given us a card, but after putting the card into the box we can't pick up any chanels.

we can't even find the chanels that were scrambled before.

does anyone have any ideas? we can find the free to air stuff.

even without the card we can't pick up the chanels with the scrambled messages

box is enigma x
Did you read the post above yours ?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You need the invoice for the installation, and you need to know the make and model of the box, otherwise the card they give you may not work, which happened to friends, they finished up having to go three times before they got sorted.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

SaratonyT is an unknown quantity at this point

We are coming out on Tuesday and are expecting our TV signal to be scrambled. Can someone please tell me where in Playa Flamenca the Torresat office is so we can get things sorted out while we are there? Many thanks.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:30 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SaratonyT
We are coming out on Tuesday and are expecting our TV signal to be scrambled. Can someone please tell me where in Playa Flamenca the Torresat office is so we can get things sorted out while we are there? Many thanks.
Same building as the Maxi Gym, near the Ayuntamiento, near Mercadona. Second floor of that building, you will recognise the building as it has the Tiimes Square cafe as you go towards it.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Did you read the post above yours ?
Suprisingly yes i did read the original post...as i said we have been given a card. i have been searching the net for a few days trying to get more info. It is difficult for me to contact torresat direct as i am in rented accomodation and my agent is away for a few weeks. He went to torresat office with contract etc and picked up the card `for us.

So yes we have a card, i was trying to find out if the box we have makes a difference or if someone has info as to which satelite/transponders we need to scan to find the channels as we seems to have lost our original settings.

however since posting my first Q, we have now found itv1,2, c4,e4 more4 and 5.

we still need to find bbc1,2,3,4 and eurosport.

if anyone using torresat could point us in the right direction that would be great
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunerider
Suprisingly yes i did read the original post...as i said we have been given a card. i have been searching the net for a few days trying to get more info. It is difficult for me to contact torresat direct as i am in rented accomodation and my agent is away for a few weeks. He went to torresat office with contract etc and picked up the card `for us.

So yes we have a card, i was trying to find out if the box we have makes a difference or if someone has info as to which satelite/transponders we need to scan to find the channels as we seems to have lost our original settings.

however since posting my first Q, we have now found itv1,2, c4,e4 more4 and 5.

we still need to find bbc1,2,3,4 and eurosport.

if anyone using torresat could point us in the right direction that would be great
Read post 5 then, some have tried three times to get the right card. ;-)
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

thank you JDR for your short replies, you may well be correct that we do not have the correct card for our box, however since we have to wait for our agent to return from his holiday in a `few weeks it would be nice to know if anyone could help with satelites/transponders.

Thus my current question is
we have found some chanels using the card - can we assume from this that we have the right card?
or does the fact we only have some chanels mean we have the wrong card?

In the meanwhile we will continue to search, and/or just be content with the chanels we have found.

Last edited by dunerider; Feb 15th 2009 at 9:12 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Full list of transponders for satellites at 28.2 degs east.

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:56 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by big wheels
Full list of transponders for satellites at 28.2 degs east.

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

Full list of transponders for Torresats is need and any one know what code system thay uesd
Old Feb 16th 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Irdeto encryption at a guess. It's what the other lot were using by all accounts.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

slimalf is an unknown quantity at this point

Torresat are still advertising a free installation plus 20 euros a month for their re-broadcasting system. Have they now sorted all the problems out with their viewing cards and quality of trasmissions? I can't find how many channels there are and what they are. Any information will be appreciated
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by slimalf
Torresat are still advertising a free installation plus 20 euros a month for their re-broadcasting system. Have they now sorted all the problems out with their viewing cards and quality of trasmissions? I can't find how many channels there are and what they are. Any information will be appreciated
83 channels, mainly UK, * spanish, german, dutch, french, they have just added a number of UK music channels + BBC news channel. Quality is OK, just make sure if you get an installation there is a card in the box. We have had no problems at aall, in fact they came and added the new channels on Monday.