Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

top ten spanish dishes

top ten spanish dishes

Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: top ten spanish dishes

Toasted mollete dribbled with olive oil, delicious.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

1- Jamon Iberico from Jabugo.
2- Jamon Iberico from Jabugo.
3- Jamon Iberico from Jabugo.
4- Red Ribero Del Duero
5- White Rioja
6- Red Rioja
7- Any seafood (especially sardines in season)
8- Dorada
9- Jamon Iberioco....
10- Jamon Iberico with tomato in a bocadillo.
11- Any Spanish beer. Always ice cold.

I can have 11 if I want to....
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digdug
oops, the quotes have gone awry!?!
It was you, cut a tag off when you edited the quote in post 19.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It was you, cut a tag off when you edited the quote in post 19.
TBH, I think you have to blame the Forum writers for this, It happens very very often, I dont think really its the responsibility of the poster to be blamed for very very poor scripts / bugs in this website, not often I moan but I feel I have to stand up and be counted here.

Last edited by andyrich666; Jun 17th 2008 at 9:28 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
TBH, I think you have to blame the Forum writers for this, It happens very very often, I dont think really its the responsibility of the poster to be blamed for very very poor scripts / bugs in this website, not often I moan but I feel I have to stand up and be counted here.
Isn`t that the idea of a tag though, to keep the quote as a quote, you can`t expct any thing to work if you cut the important bit off. ;-))
There is really no need to edit it, if needed people could just change the colour if they need to emphasize a part of it or leave the whole quote.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Isn`t that the idea of a tag though, to keep the quote as a quote, you can`t expct any thing to work if you cut the important bit off. ;-))
There is really no need to edit it, if needed people could just change the colour if they need to emphasize a part of it or leave the whole quote.
Opps, I dont think they cut it off intentionally IMO the reply process is not simple enough for the novice user, some people are good at it others are not, but I dont think thats the fault of the end user, I guess that is why you have a advanced box, but non advanced users do it and mess it up. I just think it could be a touch more user friendly.

Last edited by andyrich666; Jun 17th 2008 at 9:53 pm. Reason: reply & edit mixed up > nearly midnight :)
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Opps, I dont think they cut it off intentionally IMO the reply process is not simple enough for the novice user, some people are good at it others are not, but I dont think thats the fault of the end user, I guess that is why you have a advanced box, but non advanced users do it and mess it up. I just think it could be a touch more user friendly.
Yeah, I know what you are saying, it would probably be better not to be able to edit the quote.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Cocido. Stew of the Gods.

I am hopelessly addicted to Paprika Ahumado, trouble is, when I cook I like to use it whereas the rest of the brood aren't that keen. I may be found later in a darkened kitchen administering spices to feed my addiction!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:52 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Squid in its ink.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:58 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Same Difference
You missed off Cruz Campo!

One meets such rabble on here doesn't one

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Yeah, I know what you are saying, it would probably be better not to be able to edit the quote.
hee, yeah- i did edit the quote, rather than highlighting the bit i wanted.
soz
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:31 pm

One of my favs at our local yacht club is smoked eel on sliced round toast with just a dribble of green olive oil you get eight toasts per portion, washed down with a nice bottle of Kristal Champagne after which I will have a nice Cohíba Robusto cigar. I must say I do not do that every day but there is a certain feeling of well being after such a snacket like that. I will share with you my cigar suppliers address those of you who smoke them compare prices with Harrods or Selfridges back in the UK to see the savings made.Delivery to Spain no problem. Please ask for Richard he is the original Cigar Aficionado.
Find him here...http://www.topcubans.com/cuban-cigars/deals.php

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jun 18th 2008 at 3:37 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

they do a lovely version of the hangover 'fry up' in the north of spain. not sure what its called, but it comes to the table in its frying pan and consists of real chips (or bravas style cubes), good cured ham, and 2 fried eggs on top. splendid after indulging in my real top 10 spanish dishes of beer, beer and more beer.
pulpo galega, as mentioned earlier is pretty tasty, so too telliinas (the wee baby clam type shell fish), muscles and prawns.
and to think i didnt eat seafood before comiing to spain!

i love it when friends come over and say 'ooh, dont fancy any of that spanish food, i'd rather have something british'. what like the whole menu of platos combinados?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

You can't beat a good morcilla...yummy.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 1:59 am

Well Casa I just popped these beauties in my pan .........ohhhh errrrrr misses

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.