Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

top ten spanish dishes

top ten spanish dishes

Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: top ten spanish dishes

Originally Posted by lcortez
Cheers mate,forgot to mention Garlic Prawns in my earlier post,absoloutly love the things
I just cant get on with Prawns fullstop, shame Im not into fish much at all but that is the place for it, Im going to keep trying, every now and then when im not too hungary ill order a tapa fish dish just to see if I like it, most though I dont, lol

I really wish I could adjust to fish
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

And Chorizo,normally buy 3 or 4 of the things when I go to Morrisons,(when theres any left!),eat them all by e/o day,fantastico!
Funnily enough can't stand Jamon Serrano!,must be the texture!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I just cant get on with Prawns fullstop, shame Im not into fish much at all but that is the place for it, Im going to keep trying, every now and then when im not too hungary ill order a tapa fish dish just to see if I like it, most though I dont, lol

I really wish I could adjust to fish
Apart from the Garlic Prawns and Cod (battered with Cod,natch),not a big Fish fan.Threw up all over my plate at the dinner table once,when I was about six when I was given a flat fish of some description for dinner once
Actually all this talk of food has made me hungry,might go down the chippy!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=andyrich666;6475773]Its not nice here, let alone in Spain, lol.

QUOTE]

san miguel has to be ice cold, then its perfect. any temp above and its pretty much like treacle. i'd tend to vote for heineken bottles first and foremost, but it was a spanish vote.
and of course, come this time of the year, my numbers 6-10 become 1-5 as pints are impossible to drink in ths weather. i'm suprised i havent seen any cold flow pumps here in spain yet.....
soz SD, cruzcampo aint my fave on the list, but hey, it's still grand when cold!!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=digdug;6475899]
Its not nice here, let alone in Spain, lol.

QUOTE]

san miguel has to be ice cold, then its perfect. any temp above and its pretty much like treacle. i'd tend to vote for heineken bottles first and foremost, but it was a spanish vote.
and of course, come this time of the year, my numbers 6-10 become 1-5 as pints are impossible to drink in ths weather. i'm suprised i havent seen any cold flow pumps here in spain yet.....
soz SD, cruzcampo aint my fave on the list, but hey, it's still grand when cold!!
You dont have those Ice cold pumps in Spain becuase they have the beer perfect, Ice cold beer in the UK is still shite unless they frost the glass but then they never replace it next time

Most of the bar fridge's in the Uk is just as bad, for the money you pay its disgusting that is such cack service, it should be something that is reportable, but as everything in the UK people accept it get used to it and drink it

I think its one of the most complained things from yanks who come to the UK - the Temp ( and piss weak strength) of the beer, lol

I put my beer in the freezer and drink it slightly frosted, some people say it shouldn't be that way - but it suits me, I yak if abeer is warm / or just not even that cold.

Every Non English bar ive been in Spain in any region has always had proper cold beer on tap or in the fridge
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=andyrich666;6475930]
Originally Posted by digdug
You dont have those Ice cold pumps in Spain becuase they have the beer perfect, Ice cold beer in the UK is still shite unless they frost the glass but then they never replace it next time

Most of the bar fridge's in the Uk is just as bad, for the money you pay its disgusting that is such cack service, it should be something that is reportable, but as everything in the UK people accept it get used to it and drink it

I think its one of the most complained things from yanks who come to the UK - the Temp ( and piss weak strength) of the beer, lol

I put my beer in the freezer and drink it slightly frosted, some people say it shouldn't be that way - but it suits me, I yak if abeer is warm / or just not even that cold.

Every Non English bar ive been in Spain in any region has always had proper cold beer on tap or in the fridge
yeah, not far off thr truth - those big beer cooler/freezers that they all have here seem to be the ticket. i was meant to get one when a friend here closed their bar but the brewery bought it back off them for cash. bah!!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
1. Cochinillo Asado (Roast Suckling Pig)
2. Pulpo a la Gallega (Galician Octopus)
3. Gambas Ajillo (Garlic Prawns)
4. Jamon Iberico & Chorizo (Iberian Ham & Spicy Sausage)
5. Paella (Spanish Rice Dish)
6. Pescado Frito (Fried Fish)
7. Tortilla EspaƱola (Spanish Omelet)
8. Gazpacho (Cold Tomato Soup or Liquid Salad)
9. Queso Manchego (Spanish Sheep Cheese)
10. Patatas Bravas (Fried Potatoes in Spicy Sauce)

Just had this lot for 8 euros.................. not

Lots of foodie info and other matters Spanish

http://gospain.about.com/od/fooddrin...nishfood_5.htm
This looks very similar to some "traditional" british favourites.
Gambas Ajillo sounds like prawn cocktail
For Jamon Iberico & Chorizo, read sausages
paella yup, eaten in the UK too
Pescado Frito ditto (but with chips)
Patatas Bravas, mmmm that takeaway favourite: chips with curry sauce

as for cheese, tomato soup, roast pork. All variations on a theme.
Looks like we''ve not all so different after all.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

pan tumaca or pan con tomate as my bird would ask for
You have a parrot Andy?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:07 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=digdug;6475899]
Its not nice here, let alone in Spain, lol.

QUOTE]

I dont like Heineken and San Miguel blows my head off!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DebsyW
You have a parrot Andy?
Gulp,
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gulp,
The Parrot is not latin, so its no good to me
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

Originally Posted by pete_l
This looks very similar to some "traditional" british favourites.
Gambas Ajillo sounds like prawn cocktail
For Jamon Iberico & Chorizo, read sausages
paella yup, eaten in the UK too
Pescado Frito ditto (but with chips)
Patatas Bravas, mmmm that takeaway favourite: chips with curry sauce

as for cheese, tomato soup, roast pork. All variations on a theme.
Looks like we''ve not all so different after all.
Nooo Gambas Ajillo is nothing like prawn cocktail. It's prawns in a paprika & garlic oil. Yummm
Patatas bravas are disgusting it's in a kind of spicy tomato sauce, gross!!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:52 pm
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dee_dee
as for tortilla espanola...yukkkkk double yuk!!
If it's from a factory or supermarket I agree, but if it is home made by someone that knows how then it is delicious.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Same Difference;6475994]
Originally Posted by digdug

I dont like Heineken and San Miguel blows my head off!
hee hee, yeah, alhambra's a bit the same. amstel is pretty much everywhere and is usually pretty decent.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

oops, the quotes have gone awry!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.