Tonight's Menu

Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:11 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tonight's Menu

Originally Posted by brisca
Hi Crispy, Yes, we like merluza too
However, ours tends to come in the form of fish fingers, or battered boneless pieces that I fry until they're really crispy!
I didn't know it came as "proper" fish!I think I've just proved that I really am a peasant Will definitely give the fish pie a try, although Keith will have to pick all the prawns out as he doesn't like them
Actually, what type of sauce do you put in with it? White sauce/cheese sauce??Cor, I'm hungry now! Off to get a bowl of cornflakes, and then I might think about going to bed Night night hon xx

Fish FingersMmmmm only had them once in the last 30 years and that was just a couple of months ago when the grandchildren were here, after eating them I remember why I don't like them

Give the pie ago Sam, if Keith is not a prawn person then leave them out, as for sauce it is either white or cheese just depends on the moment!!

I love cooking and nothing makes me happier than sitting down with family and friends and watching them tuck into what I have just cooked
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Fish FingersMmmmm only had them once in the last 30 years and that was just a couple of months ago when the grandchildren were here, after eating them I remember why I don't like them

Give the pie ago Sam, if Keith is not a prawn person then leave them out, as for sauce it is either white or cheese just depends on the moment!!

I love cooking and nothing makes me happier than sitting down with family and friends and watching them tuck into what I have just cooked

Right, I'll be round for dinner tomorrow then!!

And how can you, self confessed prawnaholic, suggest leaving the prawns OUT of a dish!!?? That's sacrilege, isn't it!?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by brisca
Right, I'll be round for dinner tomorrow then!!

And how can you, self confessed prawnaholic, suggest leaving the prawns OUT of a dish!!?? That's sacrilege, isn't it!?

That's me, I would rather sacrifice my likes and needs for other people

Pasta bake tonight, found it in the freezer must have made two at some stage and popped one in there for when we were skint
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm making a beef rendang tonight with paratha rotis, a cucumber simbal and cardomom infused basmati rice.

Although with the amount of chillies I put in, it's more a beef ringsting!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:15 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
I'm making a beef rendang tonight with paratha rotis, a cucumber simbal and cardomom infused basmati rice.

Although with the amount of chillies I put in, it's more a beef ringsting!
Sounds delicious....but I wouldnt like your bum in the morning
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
Sounds delicious....but I wouldnt like your bum in the morning

DUCK!!!

That's what we got to night.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:18 pm

Home made pea and ham broth for us!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:26 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

I have made a yummy home made meat and potatoe pie going to be served with carrots and cauli Mmmmmmmmmmm I'm starving now but its in the oven
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:57 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jandy44
I have made a yummy home made meat and potatoe pie going to be served with carrots and cauli Mmmmmmmmmmm I'm starving now but its in the oven
Ed's just gone out for a takeaway curry ... it is Friday after all!
Sharon
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:07 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Sharon
I just love curries we went out to a restaurant Wends. night it was delicious
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:29 pm

Sharon
I am sooooo jealous!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:37 pm
Young at heart

I am sooooo jealous!
Your O/H could get a takaway from the Indian next time he is here , freeze it and then put it in a cool bag to transport back to you hey presto yummy dinner
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:39 pm

I am sooooo jealous!

I'm getting curry withdrawal symptoms, it's been two week since my last fix
have one planned for the weekend but home made is never like the real stuff
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

hellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant futurehellokittty has a brilliant future

It was the hubby's birthday on wednesday and, being a HUGE curry lover, he was dying for a good old chicken tikka masala, after having withdrawal symptoms living here.

We went to a lovely authentic Indian restaurant, where the food was gorgeous and full of fresh herbs....but he left feeling dissatisfied, saying "All I want is a big, greasy proper English curry!"
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:23 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Sharon
Chicken Saag (the one with spinach in) rice and keema naan - went down very well!
Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.