Toll Charges

Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

paulntania is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Toll Charges

Hi All,

Driving down from UK to Albox (near Almeria) soon, could anybody tell me roughly how much the toll charges would be ?

Thanks

Last edited by paulntania; Mar 7th 2011 at 7:57 pm. Reason: new info
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice
Default Re: Toll Charges

If you take the ferry to Santander or Bilbao theres only the toll for the M50 if you use that instead of the M30 OR M40, if you go via the tunnel or ferry from France and don't use the coast road the tolls can be over 100 pound, at this time of the year the ferry to Spain can be quite good, taking into account the extra fuel, time and toll costs.Madrid, Granada, Motril, Almeria upto Albox route, I don't know the tolls via Barcelona.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Just checked ferry prices and they want £345, which is a lot more than the deisel cost for the whole trip from the UK !!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Try this. Put whatever details you want in.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, what a big difference from the ferry price !!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

I have booked the ferry today for this Sunday £250.00 plus its about 70 euro up to Almeria in fuel, for me thats as cheap as going the France route, even at another 100 quid I would go that route, saves on hotels and extra miles, but eveyone to their own Lol !
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Lol, dont mind the drive, bit of sightseeing on the way (or maybe its just me being tight, lol) trying to keep the costs down as much as possible !!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:08 pm
Banned

Uncle_Granada is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are serious about sightseeing there's another alternative. Rather than Santander sail from Gijon - St Nazaire £68 including the car and a recliner seat, per person. Drive to Cherbourg and take a Celtic lines ferry to Rosslaire €175 for two, a car and a cabin. Ferry then from Rosslaire, Dublin or Belfast to a choice of ports in Western England, Walses or Scotland which can be as low as £69. Total cost includes two nights accommodation, can be done without hotels and costs less than Santander - UK. there's no need to pay any tolls and fuel costs are significantly reduced too.