Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

baby vaccinations

baby vaccinations

Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

andie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really niceandie.po is just really nice
Default baby vaccinations

Hello all, my baby is coming on 4 months old and she needs her second vaccinations she got her first in Switzerland where she was born, I called the hospital where she is registered and they told me I have to go somewhere else to get them, does anyone know what this place is called or where the local one is for 03015 Alicante?
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: baby vaccinations

Children here go to the local surgery here in town. But I do believe you can go to a private doctor for them.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:08 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm
Children here go to the local surgery here in town. But I do believe you can go to a private doctor for them.
... I've found that if you don't have a SIP card, then it MUST be done privately.

We needed to get our children checked for change of school etc. but because we aren't pensioners (with the necessary S1/E121) and because we don't work, we can't get SIP cards for any of us so the local health centre won't do the necessary checks.

For us there is no choice - and I thought Spain looked after children
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
... I've found that if you don't have a SIP card, then it MUST be done privately.

We needed to get our children checked for change of school etc. but because we aren't pensioners (with the necessary S1/E121) and because we don't work, we can't get SIP cards for any of us so the local health centre won't do the necessary checks.

For us there is no choice - and I thought Spain looked after children

There arent many families in Spain where noone works, but they have the income to be able to CHOOSE to not work and yet they WILL NOT pay social security contributions or private medical insurance. That is the only situation where someone will have to pay for children's vaccinations.

You have to decide whether you can afford to not work or not!

People who are "sin recursos" get their healthcare paid for and their childrens healthcare for free, so the only children that "go without" are those who have parents who are deliberately (or ignorantly) not looking after them.