Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Toledo for 2 days

Toledo for 2 days

Old Jun 9th 2011, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice
Default Toledo for 2 days

Hi my wife and I are looking at spending a couple of days in Toledo at the end of August,and wondered if anyone has any info.We would be traveling from Aquadulce in Seville province and don't know if to drive there or get the AVE. Any thoughts?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Toledo for 2 days

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
Hi my wife and I are looking at spending a couple of days in Toledo at the end of August,and wondered if anyone has any info.We would be traveling from Aquadulce in Seville province and don't know if to drive there or get the AVE. Any thoughts?
For me it's too far to drive, especially when the nice comfy AVE is the alternative.

I went from Seville-Atocha and then Atocha-Toledo by AVE. It was nice and easy. As Toledo is very hilly the train drops you at the bottom of the hill, but there are plenty of buses waiting outside the station to take you up to the town.

Your car will be useless around Toledo itself.....too narrow and windy and not a hope in hell of parking.....so that would be another reason to leave the car at home. Of course if you were planning on exploring the surrounding area too that might put a different slant on things.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Thanks for your quick reply. Looks like the AVE then.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

lovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nice

We stayed at the Hotel Martin 3 years ago we were en route from Costa del Sol to the Bilbao ferry - we hadn't booked - our satnav just took us there!!!!.

Great, convenient location, car parking and good value for money.

We loved Toledo and would like to visit again for longer one day. Downside was the worst ever Chinese meal. Our fault though - it's not what you go to Toledo for

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/mart...3godKlGzKgwhen

Last edited by lovingthesun; Jun 9th 2011 at 9:40 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 7:00 am
Just Joined

WomBatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully you are aware of the web discounts available on the AVE for your journey to and from Madrid.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

I went on the RENFE site the other day but not for long and I couldn't get the prices up.My wife has a OAP pass for the trains but I am not sure of all the discounts available. Could you please inform me. Thanks Stuart.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

WomBatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Stuart - you are too early for any on line and discounted purchase.

Use this concise guide - http://tiny.cc/mfoxt and only if necessary and having difficulty move on to http://tiny.cc/da2av which covers all presently known difficulties.

If you join the AVE at Seville 60% web discounts for the journey to Madrid are regularly available for many journeys each day (see late July and early August dates for likely prices). If joining at Antequera Santa Ana web discounts appear to be rarer.

Ask, if you need more.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thats great,thanks for that really useful. We will maybe catch the train at Puente Genil. I will let you know how we get on. Thanks again Stuart.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

olivetree has a brilliant futureolivetree has a brilliant futureolivetree has a brilliant futureolivetree has a brilliant futureolivetree has a brilliant futureolivetree has a brilliant future

I spent half a day in Toledo (I was staying with friends in Getafe) My big tip for Toledo is wear very comfortable, thick soled shoes, the cobbles just like hell, I speak from experience!