Tiles & shoes

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default Tiles & shoes

One thing I found on my recent visit to Spain ( Valencia region ) was that the shoes that I love to wear, the ones with a , well , not sure what they are made of, some kind of bonded man made material, well I found they were no good for a lot of stores/supermarket tiled floors, VERY slippery, this when floors were dry, and even worse when wet as you can imagine . The shoes I have are very comfy, its taken a while to find some that feel so good, so much so that the last time I bought some I got 3 pairs......so you can see I`m not a happy bunny, O.K., they are cheap, that helps , but I was wondering what is the best sole for tiled areas, is it good old ( expensive ) leather ? ? ?
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:09 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiles & shoes

Originally Posted by jonsol
One thing I found on my recent visit to Spain ( Valencia region ) was that the shoes that I love to wear, the ones with a , well , not sure what they are made of, some kind of bonded man made material, well I found they were no good for a lot of stores/supermarket tiled floors, VERY slippery, this when floors were dry, and even worse when wet as you can imagine . The shoes I have are very comfy, its taken a while to find some that feel so good, so much so that the last time I bought some I got 3 pairs......so you can see I`m not a happy bunny, O.K., they are cheap, that helps , but I was wondering what is the best sole for tiled areas, is it good old ( expensive ) leather ? ? ?
The rubber ones are the least slippery..
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

OH, By the way, its the soles I`m talking about, not the shoes themselves ( but they are slip ons ! )...
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:34 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Tiles & shoes

Hi jonsol,

the shoes you love to wear , are made from a plastic based polymer mix of mild ABS with a extrusion coherent malandia resin coat inbuilt..
These ensure cheapness and good wear on tarmac type flooring however not being a very mallible product when in contact with shiny and hard surface types such as marble tiling and the such like , then a slipping sensation will occur..

the shoes are very comfy which would make them very useful for general garden activities ie; if you was on the grass dancing to a classic such as "Delilah" by Tom Jones then you would have no problems .. BUT should you be on a swimming pool terrace made from tiles and tried to dance to something more upbeat such as " All my Loving" by the Beatles !! then DANGER as your ankle would without doubt slide and thus cause you to slip and fall heavily this could even mean you end up in the swimming pool and drown !!!

The correct sole for this type of hard surface tiling would be a Soft rubber having a hardness of say 25 on the Sure Hardness meter !! this also ideally should have some grooves or sipes to give added wet weather grip ..

I read you have 3 of the comfy but dangerous shoes i suggest you keep these , but advise the following to be added or observed
1/ Purchase a life preserver and wear this at all times if walking around the pool .
2/ try to refrain from dancing inside shops and areas with hard tiled surfaces, (unless wearing arm and knee protection and a crash helmet )
3/ Ensure only slow dancing is made !! Never even attempt anything more than a slow waltz.

Hope this has been useful ..
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anabella
The rubber ones are the least slippery..
I agree ANABELLA I also put a condom over each shoe while walking around the shops, people give me funny looks, but hey I am not falling all over the place so who looks funny now !!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi jonsol,

the shoes you love to wear , are made from a plastic based polymer mix of mild ABS with a extrusion coherent malandia resin coat inbuilt..
These ensure cheapness and good wear on tarmac type flooring however not being a very mallible product when in contact with shiny and hard surface types such as marble tiling and the such like , then a slipping sensation will occur..

the shoes are very comfy which would make them very useful for general garden activities ie; if you was on the grass dancing to a classic such as "Delilah" by Tom Jones then you would have no problems .. BUT should you be on a swimming pool terrace made from tiles and tried to dance to something more upbeat such as " All my Loving" by the Beatles !! then DANGER as your ankle would without doubt slide and thus cause you to slip and fall heavily this could even mean you end up in the swimming pool and drown !!!

The correct sole for this type of hard surface tiling would be a Soft rubber having a hardness of say 25 on the Sure Hardness meter !! this also ideally should have some grooves or sipes to give added wet weather grip ..

I read you have 3 of the comfy but dangerous shoes i suggest you keep these , but advise the following to be added or observed
1/ Purchase a life preserver and wear this at all times if walking around the pool .
2/ try to refrain from dancing inside shops and areas with hard tiled surfaces, (unless wearing arm and knee protection and a crash helmet )
3/ Ensure only slow dancing is made !! Never even attempt anything more than a slow waltz.

Hope this has been useful ..
How do you know so much about rubber wear?
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

just slipped.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:14 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
just slipped.
Should of read my solution earlier ,then you would of been prepared !!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Should of read my solution earlier ,then you would of been prepared !!
... ..
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
How do you know so much about rubber wear?
I know a bit about everything Mitzy i am what they call hmmmm whats the word again hmmm ahh yep i know a pete of all trades ..

And nope i havent got any of that tight supple sexy rubber gear that makes u sweat when u been wearing it for say 42 minutes ... in case u wondered
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:37 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I know a bit about everything Mitzy i am what they call hmmmm whats the word again hmmm ahh yep i know a pete of all trades ..

And nope i havent got any of that tight supple sexy rubber gear that makes u sweat when u been wearing it for say 42 minutes ... in case u wondered

Oh no...now I've got this picture in my mind of Pete in a tight rubber outfit dancing by the pool to All my Lovin' by the Beatles
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lionda
Oh no...now I've got this picture in my mind of Pete in a tight rubber outfit dancing by the pool to All my Lovin' by the Beatles
And whats wrong with that picture Lionda ?
I look pretty good actually
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:20 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

And whats wrong with that picture Lionda ?
I look pretty good actually

Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

... ..