Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TIE renewal of card

TIE renewal of card

Old Oct 30th 2021, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute
Default TIE renewal of card

Next month I will have been officially resident in Spain for 5 years. At the moment my TIE which I got in June says TEMPORAL and I would like to get one with PERMANENTE to officially secure certain rights( absent from Spain for 5 years). Does anyone know if you can just ask to have card updated? And the procedure? ( ie what you need to fill in on the website when getting the cita previa)
Old Oct 30th 2021, 9:56 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIE renewal of card

I think you would carry on using the same Brexit options as before on the cita previa website, if they still exist. If they don't then I guess you would use the normal TIE options.

Secondly, the form you would have to use is modelo ex-20 with the "Residencia continuada en España durante 5 años" box ticked.

Just out of interest, does your card expire after five years from start of residency or after five years from start of issue?

Last edited by DLC; Oct 30th 2021 at 10:00 am.
Old Oct 30th 2021, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
I think you would carry on using the same Brexit options as before on the cita previa website, if they still exist. If they don't then I guess you would use the normal TIE options.

Secondly, the form you would have to use is modelo ex-20 with the "Residencia continuada en España durante 5 años" box ticked.

Just out of interest, does your card expire after five years from start of residency or after five years from start of issue?
Thanks.
The card itself runs for 5 years and states that ( as does everyone's) but that is no good for me as I want to be able to have proof that I had been resident in Spain for 5 years for when I return.
Old Oct 30th 2021, 11:14 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

It's in their database and I remember when I was applying for a permanent TIE a piece of paperwork mentioned the date that my residency began (it wasn't the green certificate), but yes there is no physical proof of you being a permanent resident until you renew the card.

Imagine what EU citizens in the UK think about that app...