Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thought I would write this.......

Thought I would write this.......

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:57 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Thought I would write this.......

........ why it is fresh in my mind, just watched The 1st Lady's Detective Agency (book by Alexander McCall Smith) and have to say it was first class, could not fault it, Jill Scott who plays Precious Ramotswe was fantastic in the part I felt I was there with her, I smiled from the beginning to the end, every now and than I was aware of this stupid fixed smile on my face. It kept to the soft, gentle pace that the book had, with the wonderful crisp clearness of each word telling us the story. It was funny in places, not laugh out loud type but gentle humour that made the smile on your face turn into a full blown grin.

Great, great, great I can't wait for more next year, filming of the 13 part series starts in Botswana in the summer, the only down side is Anthony Minghella sadly will not be directing it, lets hope that whoever gets the job has his insight and talent to transfer Botswana into our front-rooms. I felt I knew each of the characters from reading the books but now I have watched this pilot episode, they feel like old friends who I can't wait to meet again.

Loved the music as well it added to the film, just there in the background, nothing loud or intrusive in it at all, but transporting you to Africa and by the end of the film I felt as if I had experienced it all with Mme Precious Ramotswe. Believe me I could taste the dust, felt the heat and smelt the smells of the place and the people, not to mention the feel of the karma from it all. ***** That's 5 stars, it's a must you will love it, well you will if you are a sensitive soul like me
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thought I would write this.......

Originally Posted by crispy
........ why it is fresh in my mind, just watched The 1st Lady's Detective Agency (book by Alexander McCall Smith) and have to say it was first class, could not fault it, Jill Scott who plays Precious Ramotswe was fantastic in the part I felt I was there with her, I smiled from the beginning to the end, every now and than I was aware of this stupid fixed smile on my face. It kept to the soft, gentle pace that the book had, with the wonderful crisp clearness of each word telling us the story. It was funny in places, not laugh out loud type but gentle humour that made the smile on your face turn into a full blown grin.

Great, great, great I can't wait for more next year, filming of the 13 part series starts in Botswana in the summer, the only down side is Anthony Minghella sadly will not be directing it, lets hope that whoever gets the job has his insight and talent to transfer Botswana into our front-rooms. I felt I knew each of the characters from reading the books but now I have watched this pilot episode, they feel like old friends who I can't wait to meet again.

Loved the music as well it added to the film, just there in the background, nothing loud or intrusive in it at all, but transporting you to Africa and by the end of the film I felt as if I had experienced it all with Mme Precious Ramotswe. Believe me I could taste the dust, felt the heat and smelt the smells of the place and the people, not to mention the feel of the karma from it all. ***** That's 5 stars, it's a must you will love it, well you will if you are a sensitive soul like me
Did she get her man?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Did she get her man?
You'll have to read the books to find that out.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to read the books to find that out.
You could just tell me - you're just being mean. I think SDs inner nastiness is rubbing off on you?

Go on tell me, I bet she did!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by leighbloke
You could just tell me - you're just being mean. I think SDs inner nastiness is rubbing off on you?

Go on tell me, I bet she did!
I'm a sensitive soul and I can not tell a lie but just like a women I am thinking you will most likely go your way and I'll go mine, nitenite LB i'm off to bed see you 2morro.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm a sensitive soul and I can not tell a lie but just like a women I am thinking you will most likely go your way and I'll go mine, nitenite LB i'm off to bed see you 2morro.
You are normally one of the saner posters on here - but that was right of the Sarahchiles book of confused ramblings!!! - 'cept the Nitenite bit!!