Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Spain????

Thinking of moving to Spain????

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Arsnlno1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Spain????

Originally Posted by freeman1
answer to original Q, no, everyone with sense is bailing out.
Would you recommend anywhere else then?
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

mogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud of

must be a lot of senseless people on here then
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 4:42 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mogsmum
must be a lot of senseless people on here then
Well, you and me for starters.

Rosemary
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

mogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud ofmogsmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Well, you and me for starters.

Rosemary
my mum always said i never had the sense I was born with!
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Generally speaking though in the younger generation this is to do with lack of work ergo lack of money. With the OP he has a great job so it doesn't really apply. Spain is like most places, very nice if you have a good reliable income, can choose a decent area to rent in and look on it as a bit if an adventure. It's not like he's coming over to open a bar etc I also think a City location would be best and the plan to try a few seems sound.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jennieJ
Generally speaking though in the younger generation this is to do with lack of work ergo lack of money. With the OP he has a great job so it doesn't really apply. Spain is like most places, very nice if you have a good reliable income, can choose a decent area to rent in and look on it as a bit if an adventure. It's not like he's coming over to open a bar etc I also think a City location would be best and the plan to try a few seems sound.
Sounds like a plan to me
Old Jul 4th 2013, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Does anyone know any good websites for looking at properties for both rent and sale in Spain?

Thank you
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:07 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arsnlno1
Does anyone know any good websites for looking at properties for both rent and sale in Spain?

Thank you
segundamano
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:22 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

I live just north of Albox in the area you are looking at. My area itself doesn't have many Brits about... but Albox itself, Oria, and Arboleas all do.

Sounds like Arboleas ticks a lot of your boxes. It's also just under an hour's drive from Almeria airport.

As has been said above - be very careful about illegal builds... although a lot are now being legalised, so it's not all scary stuff.

Elle x
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:43 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elle1971
I live just north of Albox in the area you are looking at. My area itself doesn't have many Brits about... but Albox itself, Oria, and Arboleas all do.

Sounds like Arboleas ticks a lot of your boxes. It's also just under an hour's drive from Almeria airport.

As has been said above - be very careful about illegal builds... although a lot are now being legalised, so it's not all scary stuff.

Elle x
Good Girl Elle, IIRC the Almanzora Valley ( covering Albox, Arboleas etc) has, according to AUAN has 12,567 illegal properties. Many can't be legalised as the land is Rustico and cannot be Urbanised as it is against Andalucian and National law. (In the same way as you cannot just build a property on farming land)

And don't forget the other "hidden" scam - Land Registry. Many people are now finding they paid the estate agent and the solicitor but several years later find the land is still in the ownership of previous owner. So thats an extra €800 to be found when you are sweating about the bulldozer passing the end of the street.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:06 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Good Girl Elle, IIRC the Almanzora Valley ( covering Albox, Arboleas etc) has, according to AUAN has 12,567 illegal properties. Many can't be legalised as the land is Rustico and cannot be Urbanised as it is against Andalucian and National law. (In the same way as you cannot just build a property on farming land)

And don't forget the other "hidden" scam - Land Registry. Many people are now finding they paid the estate agent and the solicitor but several years later find the land is still in the ownership of previous owner. So thats an extra €800 to be found when you are sweating about the bulldozer passing the end of the street.
Ah yes - land registry. We have friends who are having kittens trying to sort it all out.

Sorry - but what does IIRC mean? Is it "If I Recall Correctly"?

Elle x
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:08 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elle1971
Ah yes - land registry. We have friends who are having kittens trying to sort it all out.

Sorry - but what does IIRC mean? Is it "If I Recall Correctly"?

Elle x
oh no not more kittens - tell them to go to the vets and be spayed etc, you know it makes sense.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:15 pm
No es moco de pavo

Originally Posted by Domino
oh no not more kittens - tell them to go to the vets and be spayed etc, you know it makes sense.
I can think of a more "permanent" solution. I'm really not a cat lover

Elle x
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:37 pm
No es moco de pavo

It's still a cat... AND it's ginger!

Sorry Original Poster... they're distracting me with pics of dodgy kitties xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.