Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Spain

Thinking of moving to Spain

Old Apr 16th 2011, 4:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Spain

Originally Posted by craig1878
Thanks for your replies.

I am leaning towards the larger expat areas as a start for the reasons you mention although I don't fancy moving anywhere resembling 'little england'.
I have been reading the forums and the impression of Fuengirola seems to be similar to Benidorm, which is a bit too full on for me, but i shall find out and judge for myself once I visit.

I will not be working in Spain as I have a job working in the UK for 2 weeks but then i will have 3 weeks off which is why i am hoping to spend them in Spain. So I won't be able to integrate via the work route, but with 3 weeks off at a time i hope i can meet people in other ways, and as you say, going to the known British areas is probably the best place to start.
You would love it in Fuengirola, nothing like Benidorm.