Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Things we hate about Spain......

Things we hate about Spain......

Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:54 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things we hate about Spain......

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I do hope Rugbymatt doesn't see this
Any comments from him on this and I will not be responsible for my actions. So be warned Mitzy.

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:57 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lochy
That's one of the things I love about Spain. You can come over, enjoy the weather, food, lifestyle and never have to worry about learning the language. Better if you do, no problem if you don't!
Very much depends on where you go for your holiday in Spain. Would not work out for you if you came to our area.

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by mikeoc
Spanish drivers inability to park
They are excellent at parking. Never seen anyone manage to abandon their cars so effectively.

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:11 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Oddities
They are excellent at parking. Never seen anyone manage to abandon their cars so effectively.

Rosemary
Precisely, they are excellent at abandoning, not parking. They are also very adept at opening car doors with great force when there isn't room to do so. Apart from that, I love Spain (I guess I'm easily pleased)
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:17 pm

Precisely, they are excellent at abandoning, not parking. They are also very adept at opening car doors with great force when there isn't room to do so. Apart from that, I love Spain (I guess I'm easily pleased)
Best thing we have seen for damaging a lot of cars in a short time without any backlash was a set of large drums being wheeled around the streets during a fiesta. The people pushing the drums were either really useless or the wheels went wherever they wanted to like supermarket trolleys.

Guess who was extremely glad that they had a hire car at the time.

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:17 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

I also hate the fact that I never get right the really easy questions on who wants to be a millionaire.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:24 pm

Can I suggest that you go into Siesta time and find the thread about how we came about our user names and tell us what made you choose yours.

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

alaninspain has a spectacular aura aboutalaninspain has a spectacular aura aboutalaninspain has a spectacular aura about

Spanish drivers inability to park
Spanish drivers do know how to park. To reduce the costs of road repairs, they park 50% of the car only on the road, and the other 50% on the pavement. If you put your warning indicators on you are allowed to double park, block garage entrances, and park on zebra crossings.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:08 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lochy
I also hate the fact that I never get right the really easy questions on who wants to be a millionaire.
try our BE quiz..........it's in english!

here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349646
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alaninspain
Spanish drivers do know how to park. To reduce the costs of road repairs, they park 50% of the car only on the road, and the other 50% on the pavement. If you put your warning indicators on you are allowed to double park, block garage entrances, and park on zebra crossings.
......and don't forget to leave the handbrake off so that your car can be moved if required
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:17 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
......and don't forget to leave the handbrake off so that your car can be moved if required
...in our village they just leave the keys in (too hilly to leave the handbrake off).....
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by scampicat
...in our village they just leave the keys in (too hilly to leave the handbrake off).....
now that really is trusting!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Having to go into a town centre to find a post box.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:26 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

now that really is trusting!
Yes...this is what it is like here.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:45 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

try our BE quiz..........it's in english!

here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349646
23rd out of 23! I hate that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.