Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Things we hate about Spain......

Things we hate about Spain......

Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:57 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things we hate about Spain......

I will start the ball rolling and I think many will agree with the first few:

Loud motorbikes

Barking dogs

Dog mess

Leaflets blowing everywhere

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things we hate about Spain......

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I will start the ball rolling and I think many will agree with the first few:

Loud motorbikes

Barking dogs

Dog mess

Leaflets blowing everywhere

Rosemary
Sorry Mitzy I forgot Builders going AWOL.

Rosemary
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Oh - I thought Rosemary was part of the list - was trying to work how you found a poor plant offensive!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Telefonica
Builders going awol
Telefonica
Locksmiths
Telefonica
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:19 pm
KAO
Forum Regular

KAO will become famous soon enough

Lol - I thought you meant the plant too. I've just come back from a break in Spain and after climbing a mountain somewhere near Novetle I smelt like a Rosemary bush.

On the topic of dislikes I never feel safe having little ones running around with all the gaps, ditches etc. I even saw building foundations being dug once with no scaffolding to safeguard anyone from falling in. Must've been about 15ft deep!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:21 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

TV (ok slightly better with la sexta and 4 but still 99% unwatchable)
The PP party - Aznar, Acebes and Rajoy especially.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:23 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

And Bookshops that order books by publisher and not author
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KAO
Lol - I thought you meant the plant too. I've just come back from a break in Spain and after climbing a mountain somewhere near Novetle I smelt like a Rosemary bush.
I do hope Rugbymatt doesn't see this
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:29 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by susique
Oh - I thought Rosemary was part of the list - was trying to work how you found a poor plant offensive!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 4:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Dust.
Cranes.
Dust.
Cranes.
People that block my car in when I am in a hurry.
Tourists that wont even attempt to speak the lingo.
Wild cats and people that feed them.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:41 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Dust.
Cranes.
Dust.
Cranes.
Have to plead guilty to that one...but it's only ONE cat...
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:54 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Originally Posted by jdr
Dust.
Cranes.
Dust.
Cranes.
That's one of the things I love about Spain. You can come over, enjoy the weather, food, lifestyle and never have to worry about learning the language. Better if you do, no problem if you don't!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:57 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Spanish drivers inability to park
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:57 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Cranes, dust and how most houses/apartments don't have telephone lines.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by susique
Thank you. Others may have decided that my other half had put the list on and put my name at the bottom.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.