terrible......

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:00 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default terrible......

parents with horrible children!!

that's my family!!

dd just asked the neighbour why she has been having a go at our kids when they never say anything to the other kids in the urb. when they are making a noise etc.........

he was being perfectly calm & reasonable....

she reckons it's ok for her & other adults to swim during siesta....but not children even if they are not making any noise.....she wants the rules changed

then she said 'I suppose you think you can ignore the rules because you are renting'!!

she is going to bring up the subject of renters at the meeting next month

I wouldn't mind but we are probably stricter with our kids about siesta etc. than most of the spanish families

then she she said something about us being irresponsible parents with horrible children!!!!!!!!!!

I am so angry at the moment that I'm close to tears!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:09 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: terrible......

Hi Lynnxa

Im sorry to hear you are having trouble with your neighbours - it can be really difficult - i know from experience.
I think some people forget that they were children once - they are born miseries and unfortunatley grow up to be as well.
I know this doesnt help - but we always smile nicely at ours whenever we see them - we know it really frustrates them as they are looking for confrontation all the time.

Lots of love
Sam
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Ask the guy you rent from if you can take his place at the meeting ( we rent and go to all the meetings with our landlords consent ) and put forward your side of the story.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:19 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi Lynnxa

Im sorry to hear you are having trouble with your neighbours - it can be really difficult - i know from experience.
I think some people forget that they were children once - they are born miseries and unfortunatley grow up to be as well.
I know this doesnt help - but we always smile nicely at ours whenever we see them - we know it really frustrates them as they are looking for confrontation all the time.

Lots of love
Sam
We've been in spain longer than them...and many of our spanish friends consider us to be more spanish than english now!....and they only moved into their house a couple of weeks before we moved onto the urb.

I had no idea they felt like this..we've always rubbed along OK....nothing in common, but we've always been pleasant to them, and vice versa

dh only said something because she has clearly been picking on our dd this past couple of weeks.........and never says anything to anyone else

also on sunday we have students coming to stay with us....4 12 year old boys, and they have a friend who will be staying with this neighbour (along with 2 other boys), so we thought we'd better just find out what the problem was

dh is probably not helping matters at this moment because he has put Queen on the stereo............loud!

well, it is after siesta......and nothing is ever said when she turns her music up so that she can hear it by the pool

somehow I just knew it was the fact that we are renting at the bottom of her animosity
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:23 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
Ask the guy you rent from if you can take his place at the meeting ( we rent and go to all the meetings with our landlords consent ) and put forward your side of the story.
might be worth a try - he never goes

unfortunately we have just recently found out that he hasn't paid his community charge for 2 years...even though we pay it to him....so has probably lost his vote!

all is not lost .........good friends of ours rent from the urb. president, so i'm going to get them to phone her today
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:33 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Since when does renting come into anything? What a strange attitude to have. Does this mean that she thinks that you should have less rights than someone with a mortgage? Your rent surely covers every room in the house and the facilities of the urb so what is her problem?

There are some really unhappy people around and she sounds like one of them. Maybe she really hankers after living in a totally detached house out in the wilds miles from other inhabitants - well that is where you wish she lived anyway!!!!

Try not to respond to her in the way that she wants, be extra friendly and chatty because that will freak her out. Ignore her bad temper and jibes if you can because antagonists can never cope with being ignored.

Good luck and do not bite your tongue off when you are biting your tongue, if you know what I mean.

Rosemary
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:40 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Since when does renting come into anything? What a strange attitude to have. Does this mean that she thinks that you should have less rights than someone with a mortgage? Your rent surely covers every room in the house and the facilities of the urb so what is her problem?

There are some really unhappy people around and she sounds like one of them. Maybe she really hankers after living in a totally detached house out in the wilds miles from other inhabitants - well that is where you wish she lived anyway!!!!

Try not to respond to her in the way that she wants, be extra friendly and chatty because that will freak her out. Ignore her bad temper and jibes if you can because antagonists can never cope with being ignored.

Good luck and do not bite your tongue off when you are biting your tongue, if you know what I mean.

Rosemary
it's what she said...........

she seems to think she is better than us (she's a cleaner who just got fired from her waitress job - ok I know that's bitchy!), and that we think don't have to respect the rules & treat the place properly. If anything we are probably more conscious of the rules because we rent, and could theoretically be evicted if we didn't

she told us that renters weren't allowed to use the gym when we first came here...........we since found out differently when some holidaymakers were in there!

last summer his brother was here with his teenage sons.......they were in the pool all day.......making lots of noise....playing football in the 'quiet area'

in a week or so the place will be full of spanish kids whose parents own their houses......can't wait to see what happens...they are usually running around playing football, riding bikes etc till all hours..and using the pool during siesta!

her house is on the market - I think she does realise that this type of place is not right for her....I hope it sells quickly!

Last edited by lynnxa; Jun 22nd 2007 at 3:44 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I go along with Rosemary on this you as a renter have the same rights as an owner.
If the community rules say no one swims in siesta time then that means no one , adult or child.
If that is the rule then talk with the president, and tell her it is hard to keep the kids out when they see adults breaking the rules, and you think the rule should be changed and adhered to adult or not, and if its not then just let the kids swim.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
I go along with Rosemary on this you as a renter have the same rights as an owner.
If the community rules say no one swims in siesta time then that means no one , adult or child.
If that is the rule then talk with the president, and tell her it is hard to keep the kids out when they see adults breaking the rules, and you think the rule should be changed and adhered to adult or not, and if its not then just let the kids swim.
I know we have the same rights, she just doesn't seem to think so, and the rules do state no-one swims

there was an adult in the pool when hubby spoke to them (during siesta), and one time when she told my dd off she was actually in the pool herself.....my dd was swimming quietly with silverchicks son at the time......yes, it was siesta time, but they were being really quiet, and no-one else was even around when they went out

and that's exactly what my dd says.......why can't she swim (she loves to just do lengths) when the woman is swimming during siesta?!

these neighbours tried to get on the committee last year & were turned down, & they tried to get the live-in gardener/caretaker sacked - so he won't ever support them and their complaints
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:13 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Alternatively, place a 'floater' in her pool. I'm sure your doggie could oblige!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:16 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Alternatively, place a 'floater' in her pool. I'm sure your doggie could oblige!
wish I had one..........got two cats though......who get blamed for anything found on the grass.......even though there are about a dozen domestic cats here...........& god only nows how many wild ones

unfortunately it's a communal pool & garden, so we can't even avoid her......I reckon she just wants the pool to herself
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:24 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Just trying to put a smile back on your face there

On a serious note, I once had a fall out with a neighbour and he made my life hell when we we're trying to sell our house. I found myself begrudgingly having to be nice to him so that he'd stop putting off potential buyers. I definately lost a few potential sales because of him. So, you could reverse this by threatening her that you'll put off anyone who comes to view her property if she doesn't back off.

Dirty tactics granted but, when needs must etc?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:27 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Just trying to put a smile back on your face there

On a serious note, I once had a fall out with a neighbour and he made my life hell when we we're trying to sell our house. I found myself begrudgingly having to be nice to him so that he'd stop putting off potential buyers. I definately lost a few potential sales because of him. So, you could reverse this by threatening her that you'll put off anyone who comes to view her property if she doesn't back off.

Dirty tactics granted but, when needs must etc?

thanks...I am smiling now that I've calmed down

NO!!!

I can't wait til she goes!!!

trouble is my kids feel like they can't swim in the pool at all now, and are afraid to even speak to each other!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:29 pm
ex-squaddie

So, you know when she's going?

In my mind's eye she's fat and frumpy with bad sandals? I'm I close?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:39 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

:curse:
Oh she sounds a right misery, obviously hasn't anything better to do with her life than cause misery for others. People like that tend to think they are more important, when they definately are not. She is attention seeking because she has probably got rid of any friends she may have had by her complaining and only thinking of herself! If she gets your attention then she has the upper hand as that is what she wants.
As long as you know you are observing the rules and that your children are behaving as you would expect them to and not going out of their way to disturb anyone then forget about her as she isn't worth taking the time to think about. Concentrate on all the lovely positive aspects of yourself and your family. Don't lower yourself to her level by getting into arguments with her.
Good luck and best wishes.
Luv Eve
xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.