Reload this Page >

Terminal illness

Terminal illness

Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

gnicnef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Terminal illness

Hi ,
This is a first contact from me, i am living in the Canaries and have been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer,this was six months ago,luckily for me we are all paid up in the social system, so i receive treatment in the form of a new drug thats unavailable in the Uk.
Its licenced ,but not cleared by N.I.C.E
thats another storey,
I am unable to work due to my illness and subsequent treatment.
I have read ,that i may be able to claim some form of D.L.A under the new European directives is there anyone out there with any advice, as we are struggling, to say the least.
gnicnef
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Terminal illness

I cant help with your request, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum .... hope you get the information you want
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe info HERE, also click on the link at What to do next.
Also HERE

Last edited by jdr; Oct 10th 2008 at 10:40 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

So sorry, I'm glad you have a treatment which is up to the minute.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Thanks for your warm words everyone
It is my intention to be the first to recover from this illness which until Now had only one quick out come.
Thanks to "Sofenib" by "Nexar" this is the wounder drug i am on at 3700€ per box.
I take a full box per month and it seems to be having a beneficial effect.
The down side is the inability to keep up with work ,luckerly i have a great wife who is carrying the greater amount of the burden, if i was elligable for benefit if still residing in the UK?, its a baffle as to why its not able to be transported to the canaries just because you live in another country you dont just some how become fit and able .
"oh i wish" .
who wants to live on hand outs
Any advice welcome i am not a scrounger until i left the uk i was fully paid up through 40 years of full time work.
Gnicnef
Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

anna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud ofanna58 has much to be proud of

This page has a lot of links, only you can decide if you fit in to the category who can claim DLA abroad.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...ce/DG_10011816
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Linka is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with fighting your illness. Have you heard if a book by an American women called Branden Bay, its called The Journey and is all about her recovery from Cancer using the power of thought. It can be done. I have a friend that was given six month after falling victim to Lyphatic cancer, that was about 12 years ago. He is fightig fit now.

I will send you some healthy thoughts.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Linka
Good luck with fighting your illness. Have you heard if a book by an American women called Branden Bay, its called The Journey and is all about her recovery from Cancer using the power of thought. It can be done. I have a friend that was given six month after falling victim to Lyphatic cancer, that was about 12 years ago. He is fightig fit now.

I will send you some healthy thoughts.
Thanks a mill for your very kind thoughts and helpfull advice
Gnicnef
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Linka is an unknown quantity at this point

The strange thing is. I haven't thought of that book for a long time. After I mailed you I started to watch a film and the first scene was in a book shop and the book was behind the leading lady as she was talking!

Linka
Old Oct 14th 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Linka
The strange thing is. I haven't thought of that book for a long time. After I mailed you I started to watch a film and the first scene was in a book shop and the book was behind the leading lady as she was talking!

Linka

Goes to show what is said about theres no such thing as a coincidence,i will look out for the book,Thanks Linka
Gnicnef
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gnicnef
Goes to show what is said about theres no such thing as a coincidence,i will look out for the book,Thanks Linka
Gnicnef
Great to hear that you are looking positively at this i just thought i would pop in and offer my mums story as some inspiration for you as to the power of being positive. My mum has had cancer since the age of 29!

She is now 70 and is one hell of a battler and a believer that it wasnt going to get her she has had 3/4 of her stomach removed when she was 29, then got it in her hip which crumbled away and was built up with radiation. Also has it in her liver and visits a spiritualist healer every 2 weeks she truly believes this heals her as well and well after watching her all these years i have to say if it helps why knock it aye. I have been to these healing sessions with her and the guy that does it does it to help people and not to make money which is fantastic. But to see her sit in his chair when he starts his healing is a picture in itself her whole face seems to clear of any signs of stress (i used to laugh at this sort of stuff)

So im sorry i cant help you with your question but i just wanted to say keep up the positive thoughts and all the very best.
Cally
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Maybe info HERE, also click on the link at What to do next.
Also HERE
Just wanted to say how grateful we all ought to be for your postings such as this one. You and Mitzy really deserve congratulating on the tremendous amount of really great help you provide on countless topics. Perhaps not many are as valuable as this posting but they are still very helpful.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 7:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justlookin
Just wanted to say how grateful we all ought to be for your postings such as this one. You and Mitzy really deserve congratulating on the tremendous amount of really great help you provide on countless topics. Perhaps not many are as valuable as this posting but they are still very helpful.
Awww that`s nice of you, I am sure Mitzy will agree too.