Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is Spain the biggest drugs dealer

Is Spain the biggest drugs dealer

Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:22 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Is Spain the biggest drugs dealer

I see the old Brits are in the headlines again this last week arrested on Friday September 12 in Alicante, for alleged drugs offences.

The 2 arrests follow the seizure of more than 350kg of cannabis. I know we have lots of boats and marinas here but I wonder is drug dealing still as big in Spain as a few years ago.

Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:39 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is Spain the biggest drugs dealer

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I see the old Brits are in the headlines again this last week arrested on Friday September 12 in Alicante, for alleged drugs offences.

The 2 arrests follow the seizure of more than 350kg of cannabis. I know we have lots of boats and marinas here but I wonder is drug dealing still as big in Spain as a few years ago.

http://bestsmileys.com/eyes/1.gif
big time
but thought was the coast de sol more then Alicante
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

well cocaine is readily available in many bars/clubs in Gandia and often seen teenagers in the village and at the beach smoking joints
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

They keep finding odd bales of Cannabis etc washed up on the shore round here, and also plenty of boats trying to bring in drugs are caught round here. Found a few dead illegal immigrants floating in the sea as well recently.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:35 am
Banned

Huevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the rough

the seizure of more than 350kg of cannabis. [...] I wonder is drug dealing still as big in Spain as a few years ago.
According to 'the UN department against Drugs and Crime' cannabis use in Spain is stable, but cocaine use has been growing rapidly. Spain now consumes more cocaine per capita than any other nation on the planet. 1 out of 5 of all European users live in Spain and the average resident consumes 4 times the European average. The overall consumption data should be pretty accurate because it is gathered by testing waste water. There is also a major problem in state secondary schools where illegal drug use for 2007 was around 10% of the student total.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Huevos
According to 'the UN department against Drugs and Crime' cannabis use in Spain is stable, but cocaine use has been growing rapidly. Spain now consumes more cocaine per capita than any other nation on the planet. 1 out of 5 of all European users live in Spain and the average resident consumes 4 times the European average. The overall consumption data should be pretty accurate because it is gathered by testing waste water. There is also a major problem in state secondary schools where illegal drug use for 2007 was around 10% of the student total.
I've heard it said many times that Spain is the cocaine capital of the world. So it looks like there is some truth in that statement.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There is a story in the Surinenglish this week about Columbian gangs sending it in packets of tiles, they stopped a ton and a half shipment this week.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:27 pm
Banned

Huevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the roughHuevos is a jewel in the rough

I just found this:

independent study based on the residue from cocaine production found in rivers, between 2005 and 2006 in Miranda de Ebro (Burgos) on average 97 lines were consumed everyday for every thousand inhabitants between 15 and 64 years old. [...] in that study only New York came out higher with an average of 134 lines of cocaine consumed while Washington only registered 56, San Francisco 31, London and Zúrich 20, and París 11.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:12 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

http://bestsmileys.com/eyes/1.gif
I grow more than that in my garden.

Last edited by betris; Sep 20th 2008 at 8:14 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

vamos_mi_sevilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by betris
I grow more than that in my garden.
I only see a problem with abuse, just like the UK, there they abuse alcohol and drugs, In Spain from the Spanish I have only ever seen CB areas in the media with addiction troubles - much of this from brit twats.

My experiences with Laidies and others in other areas of Spain such as Sevilla is not abuse but a treat at the weekend if that.

Spanish people are better educated over all kinds of substances and lifestyle, you should not bring your prejudice English views on drugs here because on the whole Spanish people do not abuse
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by vamos_mi_sevilla
Spanish people are better educated over all kinds of substances.
Does being "better educated" allow one to consume greater amounts of a highly addictive substance (cocaine) before exhibiting the secondary effects (for example, the septum nasi dissolving)?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:22 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

well there few well know bussines in CB and CDS front for there washing off moneys we say and then outher people , lets say we had the cold war .
that have run the places so badly down hill we want to get then out aswell

time we cleaned up this place
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:40 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

I only see a problem with abuse, just like the UK, there they abuse alcohol and drugs, In Spain from the Spanish I have only ever seen CB areas in the media with addiction troubles - much of this from brit twats.

My experiences with Laidies and others in other areas of Spain such as Sevilla is not abuse but a treat at the weekend if that.

Spanish people are better educated over all kinds of substances and lifestyle, you should not bring your prejudice English views on drugs here because on the whole Spanish people do not abuse
vamos you havent looked very far.spain has a drug problem same as most countrys.spanish also abuse alcohol.but most spanish will drive when they are pissed.and you say week end treat,thats drug abuse in any ones language
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

vamos_mi_sevilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by betris
vamos you havent looked very far.spain has a drug problem same as most countrys.spanish also abuse alcohol.but most spanish will drive when they are pissed.and you say week end treat,thats drug abuse in any ones language
no I just dont think there is anything wrong with it, as I dont give a toss about people who drink and drive or shoot needles up there arm.

I have too much work in my life to care about others, I know others will say its the hurt others are cuased as such by drink driving but again half the problems are people who are sober who cant drive, I just dont give a shit and too many do gooders who do,

I live in the real world where most dont, where I live now in Villajoyasa Spanish adults have sniffed coke of my doorstep, I will walk around them and let them get on with it, 2 day later ill see the same people acting normal in the bank.

Tthis would not happen in the UK, If I sawa cokehead in the UK bank id be pretty worried, I have not seen any levels of abuse as I see in the UK
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:27 pm
Banned

no I just dont think there is anything wrong with it, as I dont give a toss about people who drink and drive or shoot needles up there arm.

I have too much work in my life to care about others, I know others will say its the hurt others are cuased as such by drink driving but again half the problems are people who are sober who cant drive, I just dont give a shit and too many do gooders who do,

I live in the real world where most dont, where I live now in Villajoyasa Spanish adults have sniffed coke of my doorstep, I will walk around them and let them get on with it, 2 day later ill see the same people acting normal in the bank.

Tthis would not happen in the UK, If I sawa cokehead in the UK bank id be pretty worried, I have not seen any levels of abuse as I see in the UK
I can see where you are comming from.every one would be worried about it they saw a load of smack heads in the uk.but what you are seeing now in spain as harmless fun.happend during the 1960,s and 1970,s in uk. big problems will eventually come.same as uk now.as its starts to get a hold and take over peoples lives.I have seen it in the uk when people start off taking it as a recreational drug.then the next thing they have sold every thing and started to steel to feed there habit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.