Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telegraph Spain bashing ....... again

Telegraph Spain bashing ....... again

Old May 2nd 2014, 8:32 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telegraph Spain bashing ....... again

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Really have no idea what this comment has to do with the price of fish Dom but top trolling all the same.
I don't imagine that a guy who could feed 5,000 people with 5 fish would be too concerned about their price.
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Ta, haven't seen that, but also enjoy a bit of Comando Actualidad for what is actually happening in Spain, rather than someone telling us a few busy bars in Madrid means the country is booming. Some very different, very sad stories in those programmes.
Salvados is excellent and one of the best current affairs programmes I have seen in any country

Comando Actualidad is a bit lazy. A lot of the time they go around asking people how much they earn or paid for everything. Lazy journalism, but still very interesting

They are definitely the best programmes to keep up on the issues in Spain, so for once I agree with agoreira
Old May 2nd 2014, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm only aware of one thread that was closed and that was because the posters within it refused to listen to repeated and numerous polite requests to stop calling each other silly names and making personal attacks. So, if you call us wasting our time doing that heavy handed, then you are right.

If people debated the issues without sniping at each other then it wouldnt happen, so dont blame the mods

You reap what you sow
There was two, this one also, http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830899

I did not say your wasting time, its better to educate than eradicate, I think I walk a tightrope in bringing it up based on the 2 replies I have received.

The threads closed, a lesson for us, but a good thread it was and I hope Stevie opens a 'Part 2' thread in the near future.

This is my opinion as much as it maybe unwarranted, if you close a thread, its not going to deter the posters as they will just do the same on another thread, its the posters who need to be told, closing a thread is not the right way for me to have approached it.

Whats done is done and we will all hopefully benefit from it. Best I say no more as its getting a bit blustery on this tightrope.
Old May 2nd 2014, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
There have been a few more recently down to personal attacks that are generally referring to posts that are way off the original subject.

I don't envy the Mods position but it may help if warnings were given to the suspects within the threads themselves rather than by PM so all can understand what is happening and maybe avoid replying to those suspects thereby reducing the opportunity for things to develope too far.

Just my 2p's worth.
Old May 2nd 2014, 10:21 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
There have been a few more recently down to personal attacks that are generally referring to posts that are way off the original subject.

I don't envy the Mods position but it may help if warnings were given to the suspects within the threads themselves rather than by PM so all can understand what is happening and maybe avoid replying to those suspects thereby reducing the opportunity for things to develope too far.

Just my 2p's worth.
I dont believe in belittling people on a public forum unless it is absolutely necessary and thats why most of it is done by pm, and none of you know anything about it.
We shouldnt discuss moderation here please
Old May 2nd 2014, 10:26 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I think much of the problem was due to the misleading topic title as quite a few people mentioned.

Those of us living in Spanish communities tend to share their views and opinions rather those of expats who have probably never experienced the pain, anguish and loss of dignity as have so many Spanish people due to the on-going crisis.

It might be of some advantage if any future topic heading was less contentious and simply titled "the Spanish Economy" for instance.
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:35 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Really have no idea what this comment has to do with the price of fish Dom but top trolling all the same.
if you can't see the connection then you are off your troll ey

Old May 3rd 2014, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The Telegraph has never forgiven Spain for allowing General Francisco Franco to die.
Old May 3rd 2014, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

How very deep and meaningful.
Old May 3rd 2014, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It was supposed to convey to the smarter reader that the Telegraph can be considered to be rather right wing. Maybe I am expecting too much of readers in Luton.
Old May 3rd 2014, 7:49 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

"right wing" is only relative to how far left you lean.

Obama, a "liberal" by US standards, would be patently considered a "right winger" over here.

Merkel, a "right winger" by German standards, would probably end up in the Labour party if she were a UK politician.

It's all relative, innit?
Old May 5th 2014, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I don't imagine that a guy who could feed 5,000 people with 5 fish would be too concerned about their price.
Something fishy here, the lone reporter of the fact got lost and and turned up with this tasty morsel around 110 yrs later. The locals and Romans never knew it happened, strange isn't it?
M
Old May 5th 2014, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Something fishy here, the lone reporter of the fact got lost and and turned up with this tasty morsel around 110 yrs later. The locals and Romans never knew it happened, strange isn't it?
M
Also there is no mention of chips, mushy peas or curry sauce
Old May 5th 2014, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

They had bread, without newspapers there was nothing to put the chips in, As for curry, well, Jesus didn't discover that untill he was about 33 according to the other book. The peas were probably always mushy so they weren't mentioned.
M
Old May 5th 2014, 9:36 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I have had to laugh at the various articles about the exodus from Spain, the dire state of the economy as far as expats are concerned in the Torygraph and DM.
A figure of 90,000 returnees has been mentioned. then I remember good old Nige talking about 90,000 immigrants from Spain.
It makes you think.
Knocking Johny Foreigner has always been a popular theme in many UK papers, they do not need to substantiate any of their views, provide accurate facts and data.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.